38

Obi woke up close to noon. She slept late around 4am. After she was done with her job in the bathroom, she changed into a big Pink shirt that reached her knees And a small white short. Though the shirt covered the short but she felt the need. She went out and met Sarah preparing breakfast.

“Good morning ma.” Sarah greeted her.

“Good morning to you too.” Obi opened the fridge go fetch an orange juice. “You know you’re Old enough to be my aunt.”

“It is good that I am just an ordinary person. “ she replied with no offence. “Oga Nick say make I tell you say make you stay for house, he go return soon.”

Oh Nick. He already escaped from her grasp again due to her waking late. Never the less, Nick could wait while she moved on to her next plan. Leaving this big house. She was going back to her peaceful bungalow and she sure know that Harrison didn’t Want her to go. Not that he told her physically but Lola and Nick purposely grind that out. But today, she will go back to her place. Since he disappeared, she wouldn’t allow him controlling her life the way he wish. If he want her to listen to him, he should come out of his hiding place. She felt the cool liquid on her tongue, her eyes catching the bright sunny day through the window. Her dream forming in her mind again that goosebumps crawled over her body. It was just a dream. Just a dream? With an amazing kids and dreadful end? Did she want anything like that kiss in the first place? Harrison was a great kisser but she didn’t Want to be reminded. Though the kissed he gave her few weeks back was short and sweet but she didn’t Want it. That should be the last thing on her mind. Nevertheless, Obi licked her lower lip, her mind going over the kiss in her dream. She tasted sweetness of the juice but she quickly stopped herself before Sarah think she was something eles.

It was just a dream, a very bad dream.

She shared a simple breakfast with Sarah and soon the woman was out on her way back to her home.
“Thanks for staying last night. You really kept my company.”

“I didn’t even wait to finish the movie.” Sarah whined. It seemed she was enjoying the company too.

“So, when next are you coming?”

“When Mr. Nick give me a call.”

“If I call you myself, will you come.”

“At your service ma, I really don’t mind.”

Obi nodded at her. “Alright. Have a great day.”

“Bye madam.”

Obi rolled her eyes at the nickname Sarah gave her and waved her as she watched her leave the premises. Sighing, she hurried up to take a quick shower and the watch out began.
Operation leave the house without the guards knowing process. Thank God her manager gave her that particular 2 weeks leave.
She already switched into a more comfortable clothes since the weather is hot and dry. A sleevelessdark grey chiffon top, black jeans and a black face cap to hide her hair. . Thank God Lola remembered to get her black sneakers. Looking around her room for a long last time, she didn’t think she was coming back her. Aw! That comfy bed seem to long for her but she quickly averted her eyes. She was going to miss the bath and her now favourite couch in the living room. She was going only in the clothes she wore, and not coming back. She felt a bit down in her heart that her plan may not work but she was going to give it a try.
Her sneakers made no sound as she climbed down. From the window she Noticed there were no security loitering around Great. Maybe they went for lunch. She opened the door and stepped out, and was surprised no one was at sight. Where could they have gone?  Are they doing this on purpose? Looking about, no one was in sight and why should she bother herself with that. It will make her escaping easier.
With caution, she closed the door behind her and straighten her back. She had to be ready for any sudden interaction. Gallantly she walked towards the gate which was not that far from the building. Almost there, she thought to herself. She pursed her lips when she realized the gate was locked. Oh…the damn thing uses remote and could be operated from the small security building attached to it.