16

Lola couldn't drag Obi out of bed so she ended up dressing up for work alone. The time was around seven in the morning when she opened the door for Mide. She threw him a meaningful glare and more than saccharine "morning" while she gave her mechanic a call. Mide didn't look bothersome as he made his way to Obi's room and didn't notice her friend's eyes that were almost yanking his neck from his shoulders.

"hey fine wine... Good morning" he drawled as he pulled off her duvet from her body.

Obi was grateful for her composure that she didn't outburst straight away. She deliberately refused to open her eyes while she thought of dealing with her situation when Lola was trying to get her out of the bed. She still did not believe he would be hiding such a message from her. She couldn't sleep well throughout the night, she was just thinking of how long Mide might have had the video and talking of him who just walked into her bedroom.

She already came up with a plan though, the first step involved her putting the engagement ring back on her finger. Well, her friend would definitely rip off her skin this time and call her loco.

She dragged her eyes apart to check him out even if her heart was reaching out to snap his neck.

"Good morning ..."

He was wearing a three pieces gray suit with a matching black tie. His eyes were roaming over her pink night gown. He bent down and gave her a feathering kiss on her temple. "not going to work?"

He helped her through the rough times. He even helped her secure a job and gave her his shoulders to cry on. How could he do this to her?

.She took some time to imagine how he has been lying all along, marvelled at how he was still doing it and made her feel special "Not feeling fine, really."

"Why?" he sat beside her on the bed taking her right hand in his.

"Time of the month though."

"Sweet, this isn't a good time to skip office and you know that. The bastard will ..."

"I don't want to think about it when I should be thinking about us."

He paused for some seconds before talking again. "I...I am sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to get you angry." Close to 72 hours....he was just getting back to her!

"There is a big difference between anger and upset, Mide."

"You know I've thought about it and I really hate it that Harrison is the main topic right now. Can we just stop arguing?" he asked.

"That is why I am staying home."

"Are we good now?"

No. She wasn't. She was praying hard he wasn't the blackmailer.

"Mide, Harry is just Paul..like any other goddamn ex."

"I have to fix some things today, attend a meeting and also see my mom. We are going to see her this weekend to tell her about our progress."

"You've been more than busy these days." She remarked sarcastically.

"It is for our good, sunshine." He rose to take his leave but was after he kissed her hand.

"Huh..i forgot to ask what exactly your are going to do about your friend."

He frowned at the last word. "friend?"

"Harry...you can't keep avoiding him since he was your friend."

"He was never my friend sweetheart, a friend that betrays every time can't return always as one."

Betrayal. Everyone was definitely betraying someone!

"I don't get you. I was the one he betrayed..."

"You mean everything to me and also, when he left, he left both of us." he tightened his lips for some seconds before talking again. "Stop talking about him if you don't want me to doubt you."

"What?" it came out like a whisper "...do you mean?"

"I... never mind, sweet. I am kind of Jealous so I can't help it." He winked at her. "I will come pick you in the evening. We are eating out."

Well, he said the same thing and won't show up. Obi didn't push it.

"Okayie...drive safely." She watched him leave her bedroom, her hands clenched together because she knew she wanted to ask him questions and she didn't want to think about going to meet his mother. Right now, it was small compare to the truth that was unveiling itself to her.

Harrison was never his friend? Was this psychology or she was trying to gain some ground without evidence? Something was definitely wrong somewhere.

Lola was cursing by the time she walked into the room to pick her bag. It was clearly written on her face that she was angry at the whole situation.

"What?" Obi threw aside her duvet as she slipped out of bed. She was must be out to carry out her plan or else curiousity might kill her.

Lola narrowed her eyes at her, grinding her teeth and her hands rested on her hips. "I cant believe you put on that damn annoying thing on your finger and also appeared to him that you are alright."

"What would you have me do?"

"The guy isn't blind that your eyes are swollen, obviously you cried and you couldn't even ask him where he was for some days now. At least for him to tell the courier to drop that dress...such a sleazy man"

"He could have ordered it online dumb! And there is no proof yet, maybe it was even Harry that...".

"It cant be him, he received that text from Mide and came here" Lola replied curtly.

"Calm down will you? This is my problem."

Her friend sighed. "I am just looking out for you. Mide is turning out to be the guy you never knew...there is more to this and I can't lay my hands on it yet and I am not going to pretend you will be alright except I know what you are up to."

"An Ultimate search."

Obi watched amusedly as her friend lashes flew rapidly. "What?"

"Hm-mm?" she shrugged carelessly and then waved her hands about. "Go to work and don't get fired because of me and my problems."

"What do you mean by ultimate search?"

"That is the only way to get Mide if he knows about this or not."

"Just tell me how."

"Wait for me in the office, let me wash up." She went to the mirror to check her reflection, her afro was a mess now. Well, good idea to make her visit the salon before going to office.

"so you are lying about you not going to work?"

"No, I was telling the truth but I will drop to say hi."

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

Obi smiled for the first time in the day, she felt relieve that Lola was not just crashing at her place due to a situation but she was here with her. "I won't."

It took some time before Lola left the house and Obi jumped into the shower scrubbing every inch of her as if it would give her a new skin to start a new life. Well, well, well, the day shouldn't get boring with what she has in mind.