28

She was skipping all the way home, her school uniform was drenched and she knew her mother would scold her for being dirty but Daddy would always tell her she was just a child. Getting to the gate of their little house she met it locked and it seemed no one ever lived there.

'Obi...' she heard a familiar voice behind her. Harrison was close to her now, towering over her.

'I know my father is gone.' she said dejectedly, eyeing the house as she furrowed her eyebrows. 'I know I'm all alone.'

She felt some tingling sensations up her arms. It was warm and ticklish but it was gradually becoming as if the arms were making her immovable.

'Stay still... I won't let anything happen again to someone I care about.'  those words were familiar to her, like she heard it from somewhere lately.

"Care about? Like me? People stopped caring about me since these ruins." she replied coolly.

"Aren't you hungry?" he asked, his voice becoming distant. Why? Was he seeing her as a failure too? was he moving away from her too? Well, he wouldn't be the first to do that but come to think if it, why were her hands getting heavier?

"wake up" the impatient voice snapped out loudly through her mind that her eyes opened to darkness.

She took in her surrounding slowly only to realize it wasn't really dark, she was in a dim lighted room. And she was tied to a chair, with seals tying her arms to the back of the chair, her blood was not flowing properly, no wonder she felt being weighed down. The small room looked like an abandoned old store room, small perforated bricks about three of them allowed small stream of light into the place. It smelled rusty, dried, dusty and lonely all the same. Beside the door was a man who looked like someone in his late twenties standing beside a small gate door, with a tray of food in one hand and a disgusting look on his face, there was nothing else.

When did she get here? How did she get here? What happened after she passed out? She didn't even know how long they have kidnapped her or her exact position on earth.

She came to a hard conclusion that she just wanted to be happy that she fainted, not wanting to face what Mide might be planning for her soon, especially hitting him and passing out after he confirmed he killed her baby. Reality was awakening itself in her mind and part of it was, she never loved Mide, she did not feel the way he felt for Harrison for him. She just thought he had been pegging for her for so long and she felt marriage was the next thing, how stupid of her to think he was the best suitor.

Harrison. His face grew in her mind, making her neglect the annoying frown the boy at the door was throwing at her. Did he know she has been kidnap? What was the reaction when he heard? Sure he would say it was her cup of tea, he indeed warned her. She sighed lightly trying to erase his winning grin off her mind, first, though she felt dirty but that doesn't matter right now, she just need to get out of this place, but how?

The man placed the food on the floor and kicked the tray towards her. "Make sure you eat that."

Obi held his eyes, wondering what could have led such a young lad to do this horrible job. "As you can see, my hands are tied and also, before I can put anything in, I need to use the toilet."

He came forward abruptly, took hold of her hand and loosened the seal on them. "Don't think of running away, or else you will be dead."

"I-I really need to pee"

"Pee where you are." and with that he was gone, banging the door after him.

Obi sat down still. She was not interested in whatever they gave to her as food. As far as she was here, she was not going to eat whatever poison they gave to her in form of food. She wondered out loud how long she was out, hours, days? How long has she been missing and should she hope anyone was coming for her?