27

Harrison was going through some documents concerning a new project he was about to start in Spain when someone busted in, she was busy throwing fits against the security as they bustled into his office. First when he heard the commotion outside his office, his mind went to Isabella. It's been weeks he heard from her and he wasn't thrilled either to hear her voice anytime soon but what stopped before him was like Mars dropping on earth. It reminded him of a particular sassy woman. Joyce.

The woman hissed at the men in uniform while he held his hand up for them to stop. She looked familiar but he couldn't bring up where he met her. Maybe she was one of his staff or maybe an old friend from 3years ago?

"My name is Lola Coker, sir.... I am Obi's friend." she breathed while she looked like someone about to pounce on me as she eyed him.

He raised his brows recalling she was with Obi the day reporters swam the lobby on the first floor. He nodded at the men to give them some privacy and spoke when they were gone. "what's these all about?"

"I can't find Obi"

That sounded familiar to him. He could remember his mother bursting inside his bedroom to tell him his sister was missing

"Excuse me?" He dropped the file in his hand on the table to took a good look at her.

"I have been trying her line and it's switched off. So I came here to inform you I can't find her. "
He didn't know how to respond to that at first but his ears were perked up than usual. "what happened to her?"

"What happened to her? You and I know what may have happened to her. Sir." that sir of a thing was suddenly becoming like sarcasm and it wasn't helping either.

He frowned deeply at her and sighed. He didn't want to debate on the thought arising in his mind. No, he shouldn't think of the possibilities. "She is a mature woman and maybe she is having a moment alone to herself or with her boyfriend"

Liar. He almost hear the voice out of his mind. Obi wouldn't do that to the extent of getting people worried about her. He had went through torture when every hope kept crashing down when they thought Niniola was on the plane. Then, it was panic when they later got to know she was kidnapped.it was frightful and hopeless like they won't see her again. The only thing to do now was to retain his composure like any other reasonable man.

"What gave you the assurance that made you burst in here as if  I know where she might be? "

"She left a note that she was going to Mide's place, I have been expecting her back and I tried her number, it's been switched off. " Lola explained. "I know she went there but I am afraid I can't go there alone. So I came to the best option I have. You,sir."

What the?! He told her, he had even kissed her to reset her factory memory but she was too stubborn to acknowledge she had a brain. Here was her friend checking out precautions first and all she did on her own part was jump into the battlefront. "How long has she been gone? "he asked as he reached for his phone on the desk, dailing a familiar number.

"I don't know. Maybe 6 hours because I left her at home in the morning."

What Lola was implicating was right and Paul  regretted silently that he told her the reason for her troubles. Their troubles. "D.W Code is not connecting, find out what is going on for me."
His clenched his jaw as he waited for the other person to respond.

"Sir, It seems Dare has compromised, even that new boy isn't with him.... I will be there in short moment." the man at the end of the line said.

"What do you mean by compromised Bill? And is it now you  are supposed to find out!" it wasn't a question, it was another way he makes people feel guilty if he wanted them to be.