10

Obi took a long stare at her office before closing the door. She knew she had lost it this time. Her job and everything she has been trying to keep inside. She didn't want to assume defeat. Remembering the look on Harrison's face, those hurtful feelings to that were buried deep in her memories started resurfacing. Yes she was angry and she was scared that the tantrums she threw were more of a child. She did it and now she was scared of the outcome.

Harrison was not affected by her anymore. He was very, very cold to the end.

Ha....remembering how he addressed her, she was a stranger to him. She felt her heart dropped to her stomach as she tried not to replay the office scene in her head.

Why feel bad when he was the one that broke her? She should be in love with Mide now but everything was wavering. she shuddered as she got closer to the lift.
She managed a plain look as she pushed the elevator's button as she stepped inside clutching her bag to her side like she was going to sprint as soon as the lift touches the ground. She did not want to imagine how Mide would feel if he learnt about what happened and Lola was definitely waiting for her somewhere she parked her car.
It won't be a fair ride home because she knew her friend was waiting for her to spill everything.
She entered the cafeteria to get herself some yoghurt to help calm the rest of her nerves. Just as she pushed the glass doors inside her eyes caught her friend seated in one of the booths. She was chatting with another worker. The place was usually filled to the brim during lunch time but when people start going home around 4, nothing much happens.

Lola sighted her too, she was wearing the what's up look but she just nodded before going to get her yoghurts. She actually bought three. She paid the attendant muttering a small thanks to her before going to join her friend.

"Hey Obi..."
Daniel was not a stranger to her. he was a youth corper serving presently in the company. His look and accent always gave him out that he didn't grow up in the country. He's got a tanned skin, short messy hair and grey eyes. His father was a Nigerian while the mother came from france. She always wondered how such a cute guy blended into the environment easily.

"Hey Daniel," Obi replied like a hush, setting whatever she got on the table.

"Actually he has been keeping me from getting bored." Lola whined and she knew why. She really wanted to get words out from her.
"Life itself is sometimes bored, you just have to light it up" Obi said quietly

"Thanks." Daniel raised the yoghurt midair. "Never thought you will be so kind."

"Oh why?" she was distressed but she couldn't show it off to someone she didn't really know personally.

"You are really falling for my friend now because she bought you a big bowl of yoghurt?" Lola nudged
him on the shoulder making him grin widely.

"Seriously I don't want to hurt her by saying I am not the serious type."

"Daniel...half of corpers serving in Kwara state knows you are not the serious type"

He touched his chest like he's hurt, squeezing his white vest in the process. "Huh,you just broke my heart by saying that. How do you know?"

"You have your ways of going around ladies attractively." Lola laughed.

"Now I feel heat rising to my face."
Lola laughed while Obi just managed a smile. She was hoping the young man won't feel unoffended if she tells him they should be going.
"You know wearing this vest and green khakis means something, I mean there is no way you wear it that you are not going to look sexy."

"We were once there." Lola waved a finger between her and her friend.

"You know what I think the first day we met during the Step up something..." he turned to Obi, "I thought well this is what we call sexy, forget where I come from but I quickly get the gist that you've been labeled."