13

Lola mouth was a gap as she looked back at Obi in awe. "You mean he did all of that? Got you pregnant, made a sex video with you and left?"

Obi nodded, a tear rolled down her right cheek. "He used me and and was very good at it." she added sarcastically.

"Because of the video? Or didn't he delete it? That man is really heartless. Where is the baby?"

Obi bit her lips, her eyes on her untouched cereal. It was a story of her life that still made her have nightmares of bloody looking babies and baby cries. Her life never remained the same.

"I'm sorry to hear all these" Lola said after a while, decoding it that she lost her precious little one.

"So Harry is back now and completely insane."

"What is Mide saying about all these?"

"I don't want to think about that for now." she massaged her temple with her right hand as a headache began to build in her head
.
"I'm so sorry Obi. You've been so strong." Lola took her hand, holding it tightly. She looked at her thoughtfully. "Did he know you were pregnant?"

"No, he never did." Was all her reply.

"I really hate him now that his ratings from me just drop to 10%."

"You see why I am mad now? More reason I can't even go to the dinner because I think I've lost my job after what I did today. I can't stand more embarrassment."

"Lose your Job? He already fired you?"

"No, but I think I will have the paper on my table tomorrow. I need some sleep."

Lola protested. "But you haven't eaten anything."

"I will do when I find the reason to."
Relief washed over, like a weight was lifted off her shoulder. Not that her friend did much but she was a good listener and didn't look at her like she was dirty....she did not look at her that way Joyce did.

"Did Mide know everything? The pregnancy and the video?"

"He didn't know about the video but he was with me after Harry left, was there when I lost my baby, was there all through."

Lola pulled her into a tight hug. "I am here too for you girlfriend. You will get over all these. I think it is good we are both heartbroken at the same time. We are gonna do crazy things to forget our sorrow."

Obi sniffed over her shoulder. Then she smiled, "You remind me so much of Joyce."

"But she was such an annoying girl to leave..."

"We got back before graduation" they pulled apart. "I don't know where she is now but she was an amazing friend."

"Don't make me jealous."

"You are."

And she was not going to honor the invite. She was not going back to office to avoid the shame that would definitely surface. She didn't tell Lola who would not stop talking her out of quitting her job. If Harry want to retaliate by all means, she need time to be strong and face him. She was really tired of everything.

Later Obi laid on her bed while Lola prepared the rest of the food in the kitchen. She felt heavy hearted and she knew she had to pour everything out to relief her of the anger that was building in her chest. Quietly she sobbed into the pillow as her past dawned on her. She really loved that heartless man and now she began to wonder because she never felt like this for Mide.

She folded her ring finger in her palm, staring at the silver band tiredly.

*****

Harry gave his 24 years old brother, Nick a brief hug before helping him with his luggage. He gave him his distasteful smirk like he was already bored of him coming.