55

Obi wanted to hit the bed, that was, if possible at all since Nick made her use up her energy dragging her from one amusement park to historical places around town. Of course, Niniola didn't disappoint anyone as she took her time to buy whatever her eyes fell in love with. Though, she maintained some distance from them. It was like she was forced to go with them, like she had no choice. Night fell already by the time they drove in through the gate house. Niniola jumped out of the car like she couldn't wait to leave their presence. She barked out at the staff around to get her things from the trunk.

Ann was hyper to help Obi off-load the gift items she bought to take back to Ilorin into the wardrobe. It was a wonder to her how the staff still manage to warm up around old Pat whose face seemed frozen forever. Who made her like that? Obi shuddered at the thought.

The mansion was already in decorating chaos. The event's planner's veins looked to be crawling out of his neck as he yelled at everyone. Ann already informed her that it was due to the preparation towards the party Mr. Adeleke would be hosting. She knew the man was deliberately holding her off because he didn't like her. He wanted that lady called Isabella for his dearly beloved son. She was going to enjoy this little vacation in this lukewarm house, that is, if she could survive till weekend. Not that she couldn't pull out of her savings to transport herself back to where she came from. Just that this time, Harrison shouldn't run off without facing her wrath first.

Michelle happily received her in the kitchen. Obi took in the magnificent look of the kitchen, it was like it came out directly from a magazine except for the cooks who dashed around hurriedly doing their job. The place was big enough to fit many people in with enough spaces in-between them.

"You know I was hoping I spend some time with you this evening. I thought that rascal would bring you guys back home late in the night." The beautiful woman smiled at her warmly. Her outfit, a navy blue fitted dress expressed that she wasn't really needed here. Patricia was enough with her owl's eyes at the oven side.

"Come, tell me about all those beautiful places you visited." she called, making her way out of the kitchen through another door which Obi had not notice earlier.

She followed her through a small corridor to a big balcony. The night was getting colder but she didn't mind as she followed the only person that was on her side down the stairs into a garden. Obi imagined how this place will look during daylight but the moonlight and dim sideways lights in the dark created some sort of silhouettes that made her fell in love with this place instantly. There were different types of flowers and despite the fact that the weather was harsh, the atmosphere here was welcoming and lively.

Michelle led her to a waiting table which had been set with tea and samosa. Wow, the woman really wanted to see her. for her to have set up this, it must be a huge thing.

what now? Did she finally reasoned someone like her was not going to fit for her son? Like she wanted to apologize that she she was starting off with her nicely?

Obi took a sip of her tea, the taste of rich cocoa exploding on her buds. "Actually I love every place Nick took me to but those things looked like I should just cart them all away."

"Why didn't you?"

She looked at the Michelle before laughing. "I actually wanted a figurine, but hearing it was around 600,000 naira chased me away."

"You could have priced it."

"Not after Nini announced who she was to a security who was harassing her. We had to buy scarves to pretend we were from the rivers."

Michelle looked longingly into the night, and Obi realized the moment had come for the to speak. She didn't want to put up her hopes that this woman might later disappoint her.