29

Someone came for her. Someone did not forget her.

Obi felt a pain travelled down her left side as Chimos pushed her forward to hit the wall very hard. His gun was already raised as he wanted to turn around to face the intruder but the other person in black clothings and a hood hiding his face was quicker than him when bones were heard cracking. Obi watched from where she crouched beside a door as the man got hold of the wrist of the hand Chimos used to holding his gun. The gun dropped to the floor. He didn't waste his time kicking it out of his reach, meters away from them.

Chimos growled in pain. She could tell his wrist or arm was broken but that was not all. The man in the hood kicked him hard from the back, sending in North with great speed. As if it was not enough, he went onto him further, pulled him up with his greasy shirt and smack a side of his neck. His body grew limp before he rolled him to a side.

"That was quicker than I thought." came his low but sharp voice. He turned around to face her now. The dim lights revealing his features. Geez, nobody would have guessed he was better at this kind of a thing than handling his boss assignment.

"M-Michel?"

she managed to call. Her heartbeat becoming normal again at the sight of someone she recognized. At least, she wasn't that bad to be forgotten. But how did he know that she was kidnapped.... Except...

"Nice to meet you Miss Obi. We need to leave this place now." he went over to help her up.

Not minding the dirt that got stuck to the bottom of her pants, she followed him. He paused at one of the locked doors behind which made Obi realise Chimos didn't notice when Michel got behind them. She managed to steal a glance at Chimos still body before the sight disappeared before her eyes. Served the messy man right.

"Is he dead?" she asked. Not that she care, she didn't want him causing a ruckus while they escape.

"No and that us why we need to leave before he wakes up"
She saw another door in the room that led to a larger empty room. The light was poor that she could hardly see their silhouettes.

"How did you you find me?" she asked after a short silence. She had wanted to guess but she didn't want to admit it immediately. There was no way Michel knew about her without Someone leading this plan. And that person was no other than his arrogant self... "Harrison!"

"Miss, the look on your face right now tell me you know he wouldn't sit back while you die here. I am just confuse at why you two cannot settle simple dispute". He tilted his head to the right. "This way." Using his foot, he kicked one a door, it opened to reveal thick darkness. He provided a flashlight which Obi guessed must be from his pocket. He flashed down a tunnel-like passage. He closed the door behind them and it looked like it would be a long journey through the damp smelling place.

"But, I still don't understand". She said. He was there and was telling her he didn't come for her. Except he was..... using the act as a decoy? She almost bit her tongue remembering things she uttered at him and the ones she kept at the back if her tongue. What if she had said more horrible things, she would have never been able to eat them up. He deliberately sat there with his annoying face when he had made plan of fishing her out.

Wait. "But he said he is paying.. "

"You bought his charade easily. He wouldn't waste a dime stupidly if there are no hundreds of profits to it. He only used that to buy sometime and you acted it out perfectly."

"so that you can take me and how is he going to walk out if those idiots suddenly know what is going on?" not that she really cared....did she just think irrational now? Of course she cared! Is he good at handling those heavy and smelly looking men? "How will he get out when he is not going to pay? "

"We need to keep going... This place is too rusty and smelly. Your friend is waiting at the other end" his sudden strained voice informed her.

"Lola? " Obi didn't know if that should be a relief or fear of what she had been through here. "why did she come? Is she safe?"

"If it's not safe, I will not be taking you to meet her." he replied with urgency lacing his tone.

"will Harry meet us there too? "

"He knows his way around, Miss Obi."

she stopped in her tracks as if something just clicked in her brain. He came for her and did not want to admit it to her face. what if whatever he planned got out of control? That jerk! she still have some things to sprout at him. That he gambled with his life stupidly when he should be pulling the skull out of that son of a bitch's head. She still want to him who made them loose their baby. she still want to scream some smoky words into that frozen heart of his that life hadn't been that fair if you are stupidly rich!

"I have to go back" she blurted out and Michel spurned around as if she grew two heads. "He came and want to risk his life? he does not know what those jerks are capable of."

"Ahem....we don't have much time. You need to trust him."

"And what does that makes me? I am going back. it is me Mide want and i am not obliging. I cannot imagine him..." she sighed audibly for some words. "...I cannot imagine anything happening to him because of me." she snatched her hand out of Michel's and turned around heading back through the darkness. Michel sprinted after her.

"Don't worry about him. He's got everything under control."

"Control..." she panted and Michel grabbed her arm. The air in the passage was becoming timid. "What exactly is going on? I really want to know".

Michel looked at her thoughtfully and sighed with resignation. "He brought the Police into this. It may lead to a battlefront of bullets but you need to trust him that he knows what he is doing and that we need to keep going now! "

Bullets? She stared back at him horridly as he explained like he was spreading butter on bread"This is insane and I am totally useless by running away. It is me Mide want."

"Let us..."

"I can't let him die there because if me. " she snapped at him. "Mide is a serial killer and he won't spare a second look because if an old frie..." distant gunshot sounds interrupted her words. It echoed around them and was like it's getting closer to the door not far from them anymore. Obi's heart thuds faster, her mind filming the possibilities of Harrison taking some bullets or being injured. She shut her eyes to erase them quickly but the fear never left her. Something was happening, because of her.

"Let's go."

Obi scared eyes met Michel's own. She wanted him alive...not dead. They might be enemies, yet she still want to see his arrogant handsome face.... Are they really enemies? An enemy don't remember your best food, kiss you out of the blue, warn you of danger ahead and still come to get you when you walk into that danger. It was hard for her to understand. Very hard she was too engross with the past to focus on the present.

At that very moment. She wished she had some sort if spell to make Mide pay for his sins and bring Harrison out of that loud place.

Michel guessed she was still proving stubborn by the look in her eyes. He took her hand and started running back, his flashlight waving through the dark passage.

"Michel... Michel listen... I have to go back... I have..."

The loud sound of the door breaking echoed through the tunnel passage. "Over here.....someone give me the flashlight!".

"Michel... Just hold on for a..." snap. The words died on her lips as drowsiness made her body go limp. Michel didn't waste time throwing her over his shoulder and ran as fast as his legs would take him. Heavy footsteps echoing after him as he managed to run through the passage.

Obi did not know when he confused them through another channel, neither did she know where he safely delivered her onto a SUV passengers seat, the vehicle was parked alongside a police pick up among thick forest bushes. Lola and some paramedics were fawning over her while the police dispatched to the business at hand. She was just flowing through dreams after dreams.

"D-did you... What happened to her? " asked Lola who was becoming confused when she didn't wake up.

"She's fine. I just put her to a little sleep. She will wake up soon." Michel replied but his mind seem to be somewhere else as he stared longingly at the escape route he emerged from few minutes ago.