58

"You." Obi released a great air from her lungs.

"Yes it's me." Harrison replied. Coming forward to help her pick her things that were on the lawn. He wasn't even waiting to be invited.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

He didn't reply and went inside with the load in his hands. He heard her follow him and locked the door.

"And how did you get the key inside?"

He shrugged before plopping down on the sofa and sprawled one of his legs on the table. "I have my ways."

Silence followed and he dared not look back at her. He knew she must be breathing fire.

"I am sorry I took time to come for you."

"For me?" she came to stand before him now. "You know you shouldn't be here. You should be with your fiancee preparing for the wedding"

"Is that why you picked the halfcast boy over me quickly?" he gave her a once over. Headache pounding in his head.

"How is that any of your concern?"

"Because you're mine."

"Harrison, do I look like a game to you? You have to leave my house now!"

"Not until I eat something!" he replied softly, waiting for her reaction. She seems tired and was ready to do anything to make the cause go. "I am hungry and I don't want to go home."

"I know you are lying."

He stood up now. "Obi, I can't go home."

"Why?"

"Because I made you believe what is not."

"I care for an explanation?"

"I will explain if you are not ready to keep jumping into conclusion. You should know me by now that you are the one that knows the real me. Even my mother doesn't know what is going on."

"So it took you five days to come up with an explanation? Paul or Harrison, I am not buying your lies anymore. Get out of my house."

"The engagement is just a cover up. I am not marrying her."

She stared at him for some seconds and started laughing hysterically. Like someone pumped her with laughing gas.

"This....this is the best joke of the year!" She finally said. "And this is not even April."

"Obi, listen to what I have to say."

"Give me the rest of the fables then."

"Mide is back, hope you know!"

"And if I know?" she asked bitterly. Even though that was part of the reason she panicked outside moments ago.

"It wasn't really a planned engagement from the start. Remember Mide's father? He got an invite too. My father isn't someone very hard, he understands how a good marriage foundation should be. He changed the invite at the last turn up meeting when he received a threat from the Geantry's family. Since he didn't mention who I was getting engaged to, he rang up the Anderson's to let them know of the opinion."

"Excuse me?" she threw back her head. " And how did you know all these?"

"After I left you at the table. My father called me into his study and gave me a heads-up. It was one of the toughest decision of my life, baby, I already promise not to hurt you again."

"I am still not able to wrap my head around this."

"The truth is, Mide was there that night. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't agree to go with Nick to the hotel."