8

"what?"

A big joke right? No it wasn't. It was real.

"I wonder how you wrote the letter so fast yesterday, the news for transfer broke by 4 and you hurriedly put in for it? was this your plan about getting married quickly when Mide said he is taking you away?"

Another what? "Calm down lol. I never wrote this. Remember you were the one that broke the transfer news to me this morning."

Lola's silence meant she acknowledge that. "So, how come?"

"I-I don't know. I just learnt I am on the list when I saw Mide in his office."

"He could have at least woke you and tell you last night... he is too caring that it is.."

"He came last night?"

"Yes. I slept around midnight. I was in the kitchen when he came in, you know how I love walking in the dark when I am sad. I didn't want him to see my sullen face so he left after some minutes."

Obi swallowed hard. Something was definitely wrong and she need to confirm before curiosity kills her. But it has nothing to do with her fiancé, there have been many times he dropped by but he always told her the next day. Maybe it escaped his mind. But Harrison.. he went an extra mile to get her out? Then definitely he went too far.

"How," Obi waved the paper in her hand, "How did you get this?"

"I was mad at you but when you didn't get here on time I rushed over to the IT unit to find out what went
wrong. Then one of the staff showed me the bin where the letters were stashed away. Luckily I fund yours and that is it." she shrugged.

"Someone is out to get me."

"Who? Why? Is the fellow crazy?"

"I think so because I am not going anywhere."

"But the person is a smart ass to even know how to write like you...even the signature looks too real"

Obi had just one person in her life who knew how she writes, even her signature. The only person was Adeleke Harrison

"I swear... he will be wrinkled by the time I am done with him." She got out of her seat, anger building up in her chest. She thought she would only be able to meet him for official reasons alone but now she couldn't wait. Why not resign to stop him from molesting you mentally?

No. she was going to save her job whether the company belong to him or not and would stop whatever her past was about to do to her.

"Who is he?" Lola asked with bewilderment.

"Someone that need to be shaken up a bit."

"Who? What is going on? Does this have anything to do with Mide?"

Maybe it was time to let her friend know. She squeezed the paper in her hand angrily. "You remember when were we talking about heartbreakers?"

"Yeah...at the pool."

"I told you I never thought of falling for Mide because of one particular guy."

"Yeah. One yeye Paul like that."

"He is the one"

"I don't get you. You mean yeye Paul...he is is here? I don't understand"

"Paul Harrison"

"Paul Harrison... Obi you are"

"Adeleke Paul Harrison..."

"Adeleke Pa..." Lola threw her hands over her mouth, her eyes grew bigger.

"Well the same Paul is here in.."

"Paul? As in Paul Harrison? Is the same  Adeleke Harrison? You are kidding!"

"I am not." With that she marched out of the place while Lola scurried out to fall in pace with her steps.

"Wait...wait obi." She pushed her to stop before drawing her into one of the unused offices at the end of the hall. "Just calm down. This is a shocking news to me. Why didn't you tell me?"

Obi bit her lower lip to stop herself from crying. "Because I don't want him existing in my world, again. And now he is back, threatening me with this? Why do I deserve it?" she removed Lola's hands from her side and continue. "I don't care what he does to me but I want to tell him I grew strong without him. He shouldn't be a coward. He should look me straight in the eyes and fire me! I don't quit!"

She left the office leaving her friend to stare at the empty space she was standing before. She felt pairs of eyes stabbing her at the back curiously as she made for the elevator. Her voice seemed to be too loud but she did not care anymore. Breathing in and out slowly, she fought back the tears and composed herself. She would hate herself forever if she break down before him. That would make Harrison think she was about to lick his shoes to get her job back on the track.

'Tell me something Harry'

'shhhhh.... You should sleep now' he said into her mouth covering her lips with his. She could taste his breath, one of his palm cupped one of her butt cheek. The heat was building up between her legs.

'silly.' she swatted off his hand. 'Is that how to rock me to sleep?' she felt the vibration of his voice through his naked chest.

'Ifemi, I want to ask you a question.'

'I'm listening'

'If it's a yes, you do whatever I want....if it's a no, I will do whatever you want.'

Obi frowned but she couldn't help smiling. The room was dimly lit, there was power supply and the ceiling fan creaked above them. She circled one of his nipples with two fingers, gaining a low moan from him.

'Are you sure?'

'If you continue with that I might forget the question'

'It's not my fault I love your body'. She shrugged.

"If you are to see your dad again, would you ever love to change the time? I mean I won't be in the picture again....it means he will be alive..."

"And the timeline would change for everyone. Harry" she slurred. "You are asking if I love you than my Dad. That's unfair"

"I just want to know how deep? You talk about him with so much joy"

"She sighed. "Okay, here is my answer. Yes and no."

He turned her over, rested on an elbow so that he won't place his weight on her. His dark eyes stared down into hers. "Pick just one."

"Harrison, he is gone and you are here. Sometimes I wish he was still here but now, I believe he's in a better place. And you are still with me, going nowhere. If you do, Harry, I won't know how to keep things together again. I hope I have answered your questions?"

But he wasn't answering again. He was busy kissing the hollow of her neck, placing kisses around her neck.

"Harry...."

"Hmmm?"

"Don't ever leave"

"I won't..."

"Harry....."

"You always taste so good"

Ding!

He lied. He left.

The elevator door opened, she stepped out and her eyes landed on him talking to his secretary who was beaming back at him with a tempting smile.

Oh Harrison...how I wish to skin you alive in that damn suit and wipe that annoying smile off her face.