6

Harrison was knotting a black tie when he heard the door to his suite open. Though the bedroom was big enough to train his thoughts with its white and gold furnitures but he wasn't feeling comfortable in it. He knew only one person who had the key to the place other than him was his secretary. He had woken up on a bad side, feeling tired and grumpy because he finally found sleep around 3am in the morning. Last night he had deliberately left the lunch with the governor as soon as he heard some staff were pushing for an immediate transfer to other Klerg branches. It was something he could have stop authoritatively over the phone but it was awkward when 40 percent of the workers were pushing for it. He could have fired all of them as well, he just did not know why he wouldn't do it.

Maybe it was because she was there. Maybe it was because Obi was the fifth on the list of those that were running to the other side of the company. He was angry when he asked about her from the Director but she said she already left. Did she think she could run now after she found out who he really was? Yes, she did not know who him when he was madly in love with her and he did enjoy the shock displayed in her features when she walked into the conference room. He kept it on a replayed mode in his head. This morning those who wanted to run either quit or stay with him in Kwara, whoever motivated them to do so leave with them but Obi...

Obi stays.

Now he needed a desperate answers to why she used their secret against him, why she betrayed him and got pregnant for his best friend. Why was it that the two perpetrators in his life in the last 3 years were suddenly making a show out of nowhere? Did she still really have the video? He groaned loudly as he adjusted his suit and as well reached for his suitcase that was lying on the bed. That one evidence to ruin everything.

His phone vibrated and within some seconds it was close to his ears as he took some strides to the sitting room. Michel stood up immediately at his sight, he too was formally dressed up in black suit and black shoes just as his boss.

"Harrison!" A high-pitched voice whined at the other end. He snorted as he recognized the voice of Isabel Adams. He frowned because he knew she would complicate his days with her calls and to avoid that he got a another new sim card.

"Good morning sweetie... guess you are wondering how I got this new line of yours. Actually you know how your sis love her designer bags. I loaded her more than she asked for."

He turned away from Michel who also was avoiding eyes contact with him. " You know you should stop bribing her by now."

"Why?" she giggled. Before he used to like it but now he felt a little displace hearing her voice and he knew why. Obi. "When my fiancé suddenly left the city of Lagos without telling me? Babe I know it is important and official but do not forget we are also official."

"Ella, can we talk later? I have to go now." he was fond of using that name whenever he want to have his way.

"Don't you dare hang up on me or I'm booking the next flight to Kwara. You know I don't make empty threats. You turned me to a fool when your mom said you have been busy and I believed her. I kept going back to your house and the house keeper has been the only one coming around."

"Isabel. I will call you when I settle down in the office."

"Paul....are you alright? You sound stressed."

"Yes, I am."

"Promise you will call me?"

"I promise." That was a loe

He heard her blow a kiss at the other end that, he smirked before ending the call. Michel took that as an instinct to face him now. "Morning, Michel."

What just happened? The guy was the first person to always greet him. Michel too look puzzled just like him.