50

"She almost passed out due to shock when she was brought in. Thank God the bullet didn't hit any vital organs, it would have been worse and she lost a lot of blood. Now she is stable, let her wake up and look out for any complication, I doubt that though." The doctor in charge of Sarah's surgery explained calmly.

Obi couldn't tear her eyes away from the woman who looked peaceful as she slept but she knew she must be going through pains. She convinced her to stay in that house. She shouldn't be there in the first place.

They were in the room Sarah got transferred to after leaving the ICU. The last time Obi stared down at someone who battled with life was that morning in a hospital several years ago.

"common...." Harrison drew her to him. He seem to know what was going on in her head.

"What if she.... I don't want another person dying because of me." tears strolled down her face. She didn't want another innocent person gone.

"She is going to be fine. Trust me."

After some minutes with her, they left the room and stepped into the corridor that was guarded with security. Nick was standing with hands on his hips, she met his eyes and she saw remorsefulness in them.

"I am sorry for being a jerk... If I was there I would have protected you." nick spoke, ignoring his brother that snorted.

Obi stole a glance at George and Michel who were having a mild discussion down the hall. "I think it's good to be annoying sometimes. If a stray bullet can put that poor woman in there, I can't bet it would do you better. I don't want to be involve in case where the millionaire second son get injured by the same woman story."

"People will think we were fighting over the same woman." he smiled tight-lipped.

"And that would have been more crazy."

"Nick, let's talk." Harrison said loudly. He kissed Obi on the forehead before gesturing to his brother to follow him.

Only God knows what has been causing rift between them and now that she was giving him another chance, she should try to trust him.

She sat on one of the empty chairs. George was having a solemn conversation with Michel. No one to have a little talk with. Obi mind drifted to how her life was a month ago. She didn't dream of this, didn't think of her going through everything and ending up to be Harrison's fiancee.... As in for real. It was true change remains constant. She was happy Sarah made it. If her own mother was not busy fighting those firemen, if she wasn't causing a scene, if she wasn't pulling Obi's hair and cursing at her, the doctor wouldn't have been sorry to tell her that her father couldn't wake up again.

She shuddered at the thought. Goosebumps crawling over skin. The pain was not as much as before but it remnant was still there.

Later, while Nick and Harrison were gone, Bisola arrived with Lola who looked like she wanted to snap someone's head off.

"I had to rush here immediately I left work only to disturbed by Joyce and her annoying minions. Imagine her threatening me she would tell the security not to allow me up here. I mean I am your friend and Sarah is not a stranger to me. How dare she say I'm a suspect in this case?" her purple and yellow ankra blazer was flying as her hands expressed her dissatisfaction.

"Calm down. But why would she suspect you? She didn't tell me that when I saw her at home."

Bisola sat opposite opposite, quietly listening to them.

"I don't like that chic ever since I met her. Not for once. I was devastated when Nick gave me a call about what happened. Babe, I don't want to loose you now.... Till we are hundred."