35

Lola didn't spend the weekend with her. truthfully, Obi was dying to know how her date went, though she was yet to tell her who the mysterious man was. Nick was in and out of the house, Obi suspected he was on to something he didn't want to disclose and it sprang up the thought maybe he was her friend's date. Though she too managed to get some groceries yesterday but she kept imagining both of them together.

She shook her head vigorously at the thought while she adjusted her African print wrap style skirt, making sure her white chiffon top was tucked in properly. She loved the way her Afro bounced around as she pose at the front of the mirror to check out her look. She slipped on her ash colour heel sandals and grabbed her purse from the bed.

Today, she was resuming back to Klerg, she was going to live her life as though nothing happened. She paused momentarily at the beginning of the stairs. Harrison didn't come home since Friday that he made his dramatic disappearance. She was bothered that she couldn't reach him, but didn't want to give Lola and Nick something to chew on again if she request for his number. He would be fine. He didn't look like someone dying when he showed up. But, where on earth was Paul Harrison Adeleke!  Keeping her here and disappearing like some sort of dust. Maybe, just maybe he would show up at work today.

"Going to work? " Nick was munching on something, his eyes popped out at her appearance. He was sitting with his legs stretched out on the coffee table.

She gave him a funny look. "You look....surprise? "

"Yeah... I... You know what?  Why can't you just request for leave? Your absence would be official."

That made her frown now. "why? "

"You've been through a lot and you need rest." he threw something that looked like.... Oh...this was Nick.... He must love chin-chin.

"oh... Says someone who cannot stop the real person who needs rest from leaving for work." she replied softly before grabbing some energy bar from the dinning table. Obviously, Nick already ate more than half of that. Maybe, she shouldn't have gone shopping yesterday.

"It is strictly business, Obi."

"Whatever. I need to get going now. It is 7:30 already. I don't want to be late today." she said hurrying towards the door.

"Let me remind you that Harrison may be angry? " Nick was on his feet now, his hands on his hips.

That stopped her from opening the door. Drawing in a sharp breath, she gave him a stern look. "What are you? Did he tell you to babysit me now?"

Nick was taken back by her reaction. "Not at all. I just want to remind you that Mide is out there somewhere and my brother is doing everything to keep you safe."

"I am sorry for reacting like that..." she sighed. "But Nick, I have a life to get back to. I can take care of myself, I will be very careful."

His feature soften a bit. "I don't want him chopping off my head through the phone. Besides, your boyfriend owns the biggest part of Africa's economy, you don't need a fucking job."

She gave him a saccharine smile. "Good to know you stated a very wrong point. Harrison is not my boyfriend and I don't live off others. Can we stop arguing already? I am late and my manager is expecting me today."

"Tell him what he told his business partners on Friday."  Nick shrugged non challantly.

"And what's that? "

"You are his fiance. I am very sure he wouldn't look you in the eye twice."

"Thanks for your advice. Can I go now? "