21

Her eyes landed on Mide's laptop that was sitting perfectly on the dining table.

He was taking a shower already, she could use the time to check it but that would also be a problem because she didn't know what he saved it with. She couldn't risk it all at once, so she picked her phone and started typing. The fear of him suddenly popping through the door and finding her with his laptop might not go down well. There has been high rise in serial murder cases across the country of lately.

Well, the rest of the night went teary when Mide was erected as hell and a crying Lola banged the door.

Obi eyes grew at her as she watched her friend cried on Mide's sofa, he too cooing her to calm down.

"Shile never changed.. I..I forgave the bastard and he still cheated on meeeee!" her nostrils were flaring and running as well. 'I want to kill him.. I want to murder him. Obi you should have picked your phone on time, you would have met them on the bed I bought for the bastard!"

"I am sorry babe." Obi drew her into her arms, patting her gently but the more Lola cried.

"I will drive you girls home, I don't really know how to hush her and she needs you. Just make sure the jerk doesn't get to her again" Mide said sympathetically but Obi knew Lola was the best wet blanket.

Obi nodded following him to his room. "I am sorry about tonight."

"It is okay. We will soon be together forever, why the rush? " he kissed her slowly. He looked at his manhood, then back at her. "You know I do control it."

She nodded, sighed and smiled before picking her bag. Fifteen minutes later, they were at the front of Obi's house with Lola face in her arms.

"I really feel embarrassed for the trouble, Mide." Lola said without looking up but Obi knew she was biting her lips from smiling.

"It's okay. Get a faithful and loving man on time. Obi will be living with me soon."

"I know"

"Goodnight sweet." He kissed obi on the cheek before driving off.

"Is he gone?"

Obi pushed her off laughing. "You should have been an actress." She fetched the key from her bag and opened the door.

Lola began to laugh hysterically. "see the look on his face? Haha! He bought the whole shit!" she fell on the sofa. "Lol is a bae!"

"Thanks for saving me."

"But what were you thinking idiot? Just throw his damn ring at him and let him go to hell. Damn... I gave him my good pro tears!"

"wawoo! I didn't ask for that." Obi sighed sitting next to her. she was happy Lola got the message right and on time, else, Mide might have known what was going on. She smiled happily when she remembered there was someone who could make such a believable show and she missed her. Joyce!

Lola wasn't far from her best friend and she was happy she has her on her side.

"What is the time?" she asked as she started removing her shoes.

"After 11?" Lola replied questioningly. "I can't believe I risk my time to come save your ass"

"I cant believe you love me that much."

"Don't ever go to his place again...I hate Mide now. with passion!"

"Thanks for tonight.... Thanks Lol."

***

Nick was directing the delivering team that arrived earlier than stipulated time when Harrson was in the shower. Michel was busy on the phone talking to his boss clients under the pride of Barbados tree that was beside the house. Though the viral news that shook the net went down without a hitch but he knew his bossl was working hard to get whoever pulled the stunt on him.