49

Few days followed. Harrison was no where to be seen. Nick didn't come home and Lola went back to her place but didn't forget to buzz Obi every free time she got at work.

She in fact made a dramatic impact when a slender young lady knocked on their door the following day after the brother's outburst. The lady happened to be the PA Harrison chose for her. Aviva was such a beauty, she had a flawless skin that was next to perfection and she got those curves that men could die for. Obi didn't dislike her but her aura gave her off.

She was persistent.

She was interested in meeting Harrison face to face to discuss her salary (which Obi knew he would have informed her through his own means).

She was hyping about the so called wedding and one thing made Lola snapped at her.

She was guessing if her position even extends to him.

'You know what Aviva?' Lola had snapped two fingers before her eyes. 'Your service is no more needed. You want to know why? You absolutely do not know how to mind your business'

Aviva had feigned shocked and sober. She tried to plead with Obi to stay but she only replied.

'My friend's role is to make me accept you but you failed. I'm sorry.'

Obi laughed quietly at the memory. She indeed accepted she was jealous of Aviva's model physique and she knew she wouldn't be able to stand her whenever Harrison was around. She might try her luck and Obi was not ready to accept that. Not now that she was trying to accept his terms. At least give him another try to prove he deserves her.

"Madam, you haven't replied me." her new assistant, Bisola smiled curiously at her, her pen dancing between her fingers. She was also beautiful with her standing ovation, plus she never take too much no for an answer. Obi looked her immediately she walked in through the door. She gave George a well done for recommending her to his boss. She was way better than Aviva in her black tailored suit and black heels.

"Sorry, I got carried away with something. I am not a madam, Bisola, Obi sounds good if you want to be all familiar with me." she sat up, arms over her chest.

"I want to know the color for the chairs and the wall paintings need to be selected to know the ones to be shipped in."

"Can we make it lilac? I mean, let's throw in some colors in here."

She never agreed to it in the first place but Bisola insisted because Harrison told her redecorating was needed. Or she loose her job. And the only person to select whatever they are using must be his so called fiancee.

Obi continued. "I mean it is beautiful here but I love Lilac, we can have one or two seatees plus golden pillows or what do you think?"

"It is amazing. What about if we have one or two artificial plants too?"

"I just want some life in here."

" Probably we should pop up some Christmas decorations?"

" That is a few weeks to this time... That will not be a bad idea" she agreed. It would be her first Christmas with Harrison, what could beat that?

They agreed on few other things before Bisola left to take care of some things. Sarah was doing the laundry and Obi was left alone in her room. She missed him that her hands itched to give him a call.

Was he still mad she refused him? Did he resort to ignoring her now? Were they back to the fake thing? She sighed in frustration. Suddenly an image of Aviva sprang up in her mind. Her overdo manicure running through his biceps in the gym. Aaaarrrghhh..... Get it together, Obi. She should stop getting her head bothered.