33

Obi didn't put on a heavy makeup. Just some little puff of powder on her face and a nude lip gloss. She was putting on a  beautiful cream and green kitenge shirt dress that reached slightly above her knees. It had a little opening above the cleavage, and long sleeves that she buttoned on the wrists.
Using a natural hair styled gel, she packed her hair neatly into a bun, the edges styled neatly. One thing she loved about herself was her hair.

She had frowned at Lola's choice of clothes she bought for her but as she moved magnificent in her light green heels that was bought alongside, she felt like Lola for a moment.

"I'm here." her friend announced sweetly as she descended the stairs. All glory tonight she wasn't putting on any Ankara but within five minutes she managed to pulled some beauty stunts. She was sporting a lemon flower-print baggy vintage top that she knotted below her navel and a blue jean shirt. She wore black sneakers and damn, her melanin did good justice to those legs.

"You look beautiful like you don't even want to grow old anymore.  Besides, it's harmattan Lol, I'm worried about the shorts" Obi retrieved her purse from the sofa.

"Joyce already texted me the address... That place is not cold." she snapped her braid into a band and made it into doughnut style. "I really wish Mr. Harry could see you tonight... I bet he would be thinking what I am thinking right now"

"And what's that? "

"You look ravishing with that your innocent look... Like you should be someone's dinner." she raised her hands in surrender. "Baby, you know I'm straight"

"What has gotten into your mind these days? I know I'm the last person he has that type of thought about."

"That goes for someone drooling over him in the hospital." Lola scoffed and marched towards the door. "And not to talk of how you have been trying to collect his private number from Nick. You haven't checked out your new phone."

"I will when I'm back, besides I will need a new sim. I just don't feel good going out. I should have gone back to the hospital again but Nick said he needed to be somewhere. The brothers are just annoying"

"Speaking of Nick, where exactly did he go to? "

"I can't really say but he said it is like a business? "

"Business? " Lola quirked a brow. "In the evening? Oh I forgot how business oriented their family is."

"I'm dragging him out with me to the hospital tomorrow morning."

"love wan tintin...at first you were almost chopping his head off with the imaginary axe in your eyes but now you are beginning to act like his real girlfriend."

"Lol! " she called after her friend as she followed her up though the door. "Where exactly are we going anyway?"

They were already outside the house now. The evening breeze was cool. A man in casual clothes, black shirt and Blue Jeans drew up to them. Obi could remember his face as one of the guards that followed them to the hospital in the morning.

"GO..."she replied.

"oh..." Obi have heard of the GO restaurant and the buzz of life there. She even heard there was an underground club where good parents should scold their good children not to go.

"Hi, I am George. I will be your chauffeur tonight." he said. His tone rich in southern Nigeria accent. "Your ride await"

"Thank you." Obi said. He led them around the house towards the driveway. There, was parked one of the most beautiful cars she hadset her eyes on.

They got seated conveniently in the passengers seat at the back while George started the engine. As they set out, Obi took in the scene of the evening and she wowed that the sunset was amazing as the deep yellow reflected on everything, nearly painting them vintage yellow. The harmattan would soon be over and she couldn't wait to even smell thefirst rain. Her few months with Harrison was all rain. Most of the cold nights they spent them in bed entangled with each other while she traced her finger down to his budge. His shirtless state played in her mind that she had to groan inwardly again.