31

Obi did enjoy her pizza and Nick suggested to give her a little tour of the mansion which she didn't see very necessary. It was not like she would be staying there forever but she guessed He was trying to pass the time or trying to impress her. Yet, she couldn't help but wonder why mean looking bodyguards flanked almost everywhere. She didn't bother to ask Nick. This was not just any habitation so, it should be expected.

Soon Night fell and morning came.

Thursday morning looked very bright and promising, Obi saw the beautiful view from her window before heading downstairs. No sign of her friend back, she was starting to have throbbing thoughts that something was strange and it was gradually turning into a throbbing headache. Reaching the kitchen, she saw Nick in white t-shirt and blue sweatpants moving around, humming along to the headphone over his head. It reminded her of what she wore to Mide's place and right now, she didn't know where her clothes were. Maybe she could wash them and change. He probably did not hear her coming. She went around him to see what he was making and almost crack up with laughter. The dough he was preparing look like solidifying garri pudding, so he kept pouring water and adding more flour.
She reached out to tap him and gave him a questioning look which earned her a surprise. Nick quickly removed the headphone, staining it with flour in the process.

"Please don't give me that look" he smirked wickedly. "Morning"

"Good morning to you too" she motioned with her eyes back to the dough. "Are you trying to bake for the whole city or what?"

"B-bake..." Nick stammered and Obi nodded severally. "Ba- common!" He threw his hand in the air frustratingly.

"So if this big dough isn't a cake for the whole city, what is it?"

"I am trying to make homemade pancakes" he stated proudly.

She couldn't hold back her laughter, he squeezed his face and she laughed more. "Let's just say you're not good in the kitchen. Here, let me make some real pancakes for you"

"See you... I can make real Nigerian foods... I am the one who has been cooking for your boyfriend"

Boyfriend. she ignored that and held her lower lips between her teeth to hold what was coming next . "This look like eba. It shows how good you are traditionally"

Nick looked at her seriously before eyeing his dough and it was enough to make them burst into laughter. He washed his hands and moved aimlessly about as she set to work. As she was about rounding up, he suggested to make fresh orange juice and soon breakfast was set.

"This is delicious but I can make good pounded yam without stress" he whined, not ready to admit his culinary skills. 

"You're welcome"

"I hope you're not bored of this solitude already?" He quickly added. "Don't tell me yes because this is the first time we are having someone not as bored as us"

"No and you are not boring" Obi replied, taking a sip of her drink. "Just that, I need to go home soon and resume work. I've not been serious in the office and I don't want my manager to fire me"

"Huh...that will be next week"

"Why?" She frowned.

"Harry said you should not go anywhere until he gets back" he replied nonchalantly.

"Harry said..." She hushed herself. "He may be my boss but this is not official. I need my own stuff in my space."

"This place is enough to contain you. Look, I don't know what is going on between you and my brother but he thinks before acting. I think he's doing the best thing for you."