32

"Doctor Niyi, am I free to go home?" He asked the doctor who was adjusting his glasses as he kept nodding and writing only God knows on his tab. "You heard me right?"

His voice was coarse, but not as hard as the stares he gave  the bandages wrapped around his mid-rib. It was not as painful as loosing that son of a bitch who caught up with his plan.

Well, plan A failed and he was afraid of going into his second plan after 'operation burst Mide'. He has plan B already up to Z but this other plan would definitely wreck his nerves. For this next plan, he has just a blueprint and it was scaring the hell out of him.

How was she feeling? Did she take the news of living at his place lightly? He couldn't bring himself to tell her because of the shield she built around herself and he didn't want to chase her running back to the ruins she once called a house. Well, thanks to Nick, he messaged him that they were having wonderful dinner last night. Hmp! He couldn't remember the last time he dined with her and it sounded like a promise to him that it will happen soon.

His second plan.

How would she look at him? What would be her response? Was she ready to move on from the past? Obi was not going to hand him the drive completely and she would make everything impossible as usual

"How are you feeling now?"

"I told that drooling nurse how I felt 10 minutes ago".

The doctor was a familiar man going through his early sixties with his shining bald head and always clean short moustache. He cleared his throat to give him a simple smile. "You keep asking question as if you can threaten me but you also told me not to call your father?" He grinned broadly as if Harrison wasn't throwing him his best cold stare. "So, no."

He was definitely using this bed rest of a thing to cage him that he has the power to call his family members and let them know what happened to their son. Harrison was against that, he would not allow his father to start going through troubles of what and what was going on. Of course he knows about the Godswill issue but not when the memory of how his mother went in and out of shock during Niniola's abduction, everyone thought she would die. That might certainly be his end.

To butter the whole thing up, his father would not rest until he know who Obi was, considering the marriage deal on ground, he won't spare him a lecture on getting his brain malfunctioning again before jumping in to save a nobody in distress.

A nobody? Was the lady he really saved a nobody? No. Obi was far better qualified than that. Her name is Obi that care about no one but herself which lands her into trouble anytime she take the heroine line. He could remember that stubborn look when that smelly man went to get him and he almost laughed out that he admired the courage she was putting up.

"Did you say something?" Doctor Niyi asked.

Harrison groaned as he tried to shift on his back from his sitting position. The pain was not as much as the last two days.

"I will send them to give you more pain reliever....you are always tougher than you look."

"Please, leave."

He couldn't help being rude to the man that pulled out the bullet from his inside because he was blowing him over-fatherly shadow on him. Dr Niyi was old enough to be his father though, he always treat their family whenever he is on short leave to Lagos and it was no surprise when he got to know he already established such a big magnificent hospital in Ilorin. He was a good man, a good doctor but Harrison was not in a good mood to see that.

"By the way, what about the lady?" He dropped his tab beside the monitor next to the reclining bed and dip his hands in his white lab coat pockets.

"What about her?"