15

It's been a couple of days, Obi did everything sneaky. From entering the office and sneaking out, she made sure to avoid anyone from Harry's floor. Apart from his hideous invitation to the charity, his silence concerning her infamous speech to him was killing her since she blew everything in his face.

"because of you I get goose bumps...all over, all over...
this feeling gat me falling...all over all over...
e get as the something dey do me for body o..."

Obi rubbed her eyes with her hands as she got out of bed. It was night already and the all over track of Tiwa Savage coming from the living room was loud enough to disturb the neighbors. She entered the place only to find Lola dancing moving like a fish out of the water to the beat. Lola was very bad at one thing and dancing topped the list. Not only was she disturbing with the music and her non rhythmically dance steps, she was also singing out the lyrics bad. Obi couldn't help but wait in the doorway laughing quietly as she watched her friend display what she might name private madness moments.

She didn't sleep much and she already got hungry that she didn't know what to make up for dinner since she couldn't return to the kitchen after the scenario but she hoped Lola help her finish the sauce... the dress? She went over to the dining and there the box was sitting on the table. Now the playlist had change to single and searching by Yemi Alade, the hoofer making the sound vibrating through everything present in the living room.

Obi removed the lid to check the cloth, it was teal colour and looked like it was made of an expensive material. She didn't bother to lift it, afraid it might unleash some things she already buried in her past. Why would he ask her to join him for a charity event? It was even happening the following day. Shouldn't he be mad at her? And he even went to get her a dress... well, let heaven fall she won't touch this thing and she would scream it proudly to his face to go to hell.
Suddenly the volume of the home theatre was reduced that she turned her head to why her friend suddenly decided to bring her out of her many whys? Then she realized someone was banging the door mysteriously... or angrily? Oops! Lola has pushed her neighbors to the extreme that they are about to break down her door.

"who is it?" Lola snapped at the door.

Obi chuckled. "actually someone as angry as a goliath to break the door."

Her friend turned around, obviously noticing Obi has been watching her. "I thought you already slept"

"Yes... from the dreamland I had to trace back where the good loud music was coming from" Obi said.

"Drop the sarcasm jor... just reliving some moment."

"Yea from all over... to single and searching... your moving on therapy is so sarcastic..." Obi managed a stifle laugh, mimicking her friend dance steps. "You don't know, you can be lucky at the Maltina dance all..."

Lola hauled one of the throw pillows on the sofa at her. "Life isn't about curling up and dying because of its cruelty. I got a call from Shile..."

A knock again, this time softer. Probably the person was reminding them of his or her presence. Lola's face widened.

"It couldn't be him... could it?" she rushed over to stop the music.

Obi shrugged. "I'm wondering and also dying to know what he told you that you almost bring down this apartment. Go get the door."

Lola eyes grew bigger. "No, I can't"

"Let me guess. You called him a bastard and something like a asshole?"

"No, I told him he is going to rot in in Jail like his father!"

"what? His father is in jail?"

"No, step-father. Please just make him go away or tell him I'm not here."