22

Lola could read it on obi's face that she wasn't okay and noticed she was giving her a coyly smile

"You're telling me the truth by lunch."

"No problem. You can order...huh lunch time?" asked Obi loudly as if she was hearing that for the first time. Her friend has been in her office for the past thirty minutes to know why she was slightly quirky.

"what is the problem?" asked Lola who sat on her desk, pushing her laptop away from her front.

"Lol...I have to go somewhere by lunch." She managed to say. Half the truth, she would be with Harrison which was giving her concern due to the aftermath of what happened earlier. Did he even feel it? Dear lord, his eyes held no emotions whatsoever and the remaining half was that she hoped the lunch wouldn't be at the cafeteria because she knew he has some reputation. She almost cursed out at herself for not being able to get over him completely.

"With Mide again?"

"not at all. It is work outside office."

"what is it about?"

"Lol." Obi sighed. "Can I tell you later?"

Her friend smiled at her thoughtfully, and it was gone in some seconds. "Nope. Not at all."

"Common.." she drawled.

"give me a hint and I will decide if I want to hear it later or not."

Obi rolled her eyes at her now. should she tell her how she almost had an heart attack when Harrison turned her to face him in his office or she should tell her the force he pulled through her and since then she has been having hot and weird assumptuons? Although it was for a moment but she even craved stupidly for more. Like closing the gap with his arms around her and...

"It is related to the video and this is my chance. I am meeting with a private investigator Harrison hired." Although she wished she knew exactly what he has been up to in getting the video clip.

"Great. Darling you give me the full gist later."

"No wahala (problem) babe." She let out a sigh when her friend finally went back to her unit. She could have told her she was having lunch with Harrison but she knew how more inquisitive Lola would be. She went to the rest room to check her face. Her mind traveling back to the morning and she could not believe the ruthless man still has such effect on her. she squeezed her eyes shut when a question popped into her mind.

'would I be able to go through this without falling for him....again?'
'what if Mide found out about this lunch'

"No." Obi muttered as she looked back at herself in the mirror. "I am only doing this for myself. Not for Mide or Harry. Both are traitors."

She touched her lipstick a little, nodded at herself and headed back to her office only to find Michel waiting for her. It's noon already?

"Afternoon Ms Kwarthar."

" Tell me he changed his mind." She was really looking forward to this lunch but she did not want to look very desperate.

"He might be raging now because he has been waiting for some minutes."

"where is he?"

"underground car park."

"great ...at least not the cafeteria." She grabbed her bag and the two were walking out of the office. They took some turns out of the passage that led to cubicles where recruits and junior staff works and they were soon in one of wide long corridors that led to the lift.

"he said you can take the private elevator to make it quicker." He turned to the left, to show her the way.

"You're coming, right?" That would be of great relieve than to be alone in Harry's cold company.

"I am sorry I'm not."

"You shouldn't be unsocial like him." She snorted.

"I can say so far, you've been the only one to get under his skin." Michel eyes held a glint of amusement.

"What?"

"Here we are." He nodded at the security standing at the front of the lift, thereby avoiding her question. He immediately stepped aside. "Have a great time."

She entered the lift but before it closed, she saw Michl's eyes lingered on her finger.

"sure I will". The door closed.

Obi looked at the ring thoughtfully. It would not be bad if they started on the right foot this time, all for the sake of what she wanted. She removed the ring and threw it in her bag.