Epilogue

"Obi...."

"Obi..."

She heard but she didn't think she would ever be prepared for it. Obi pouted her lips for the tenth time.

"You look perfect!" Bisola said cheekily. Giving the make-up artist two thumbs.

"It looks too flashy. The lipstick is too red." She whined waiting for the poor woman who has been trying different shades on her for the past one hour to complain and leave but she maintained her ever freezing smile.

"Obi.... You look so beautiful."

She sighed. She had to do this. She stepped back to give herself one final look. The wedding gown was in the right shade, sparkling under the lights emitting from every Corner of the room. No one needed to tell her she was glowing. She laughed silently as she could remember why her veil was to be kept till she was about to enter the church. Lola wanted it so long.

She turned around to face her Veronica who was wearing a dark orange asoebi cloth. She mentioned thank you to her MUA who sighed with relief, her staff blushing behind her.

Bisola quietly led them out. Leaving the two only to themselves.

"You know what this moment stands for, and I know I didn't deserve it. Before the traditional yesterday, I have been thinking deeply. I love your father, I still do. I was just looking for a shoulder to lean on and it was the wrong shoulder for me. You know your father would be proud of you. In fact he is proud of you where he is now. I know I haven't been a good mother to you but I have seen the light that you will be one to your children, you will protect them no matter what."

Obi was biting her inner cheeks to hold the tears. She had sworn not to let one fall for this woman on her wedding day but she was proving her wrong.

"But why?" Her voice croaked. "Why did you say I killed him? Because all I heard then was you blaming me every single moment that I killed him. You've always resented me. You didn't know when I graduated. You didn't know how I studied, or how u lived."

"I'm sorry, forgive me please. I will do everything, if not all to rectify the mistakes. Today is all about you cup cake. The man you are getting married to reminds me a lot of your father and it ticks all the right boxes that he is a good man."

She felt her face warmed up. Her mother had tears in her eyes and she quickly batted back hers, so her make-up wouldn't ruin. "Can we catch up after the wedding? Though I know that is a month to this time."

"No problem. I missed you." Her mother reached out to pat her cheek.

"Mom....you are making me teary right now."

"Sorry sorry."

"Do you think I should get married?" Obi asked quickly.

"What?"

"I'm afraid I'm signing off the rest of my life. Tina is just getting better after her operation, though she insisted to be one of my bridesmaids but what if after a couple of months I become a burden to Paul. Do you believe he told my new boss to increase my salary and that man's business just got the heart of people. What if I become fat? If you see the rate of divorce, cheating has become a norm, Mom. What if I even fall down as I step out on the isle...."

"Nothing like that will happen! Just focus your eyes on your price. Be the woman you are to him, be honest with yourselves and let everything find it place."

"The whole world is watching and...."

"After taking bullets for each other, you want to run away? Look at this girl o. We die here, Obi Kwathar!" She pulled her into a tight hug.