4

'
"Just hang around for me after school". Obi yelled back at Joyce from their small kitchen, her roommate who was trying on her new wigs that arrived from online store.

"Seriously babe... I have to cover some notes that I missed last week." Joyce was a cheeky, thick-girl and she loved her plus size look no matter how people make her feel about herself.

"Don't you want some sharwama? Hey and gizzards if you will mind. You are a finalist so chill...you only have issue because you've not been seeing your project supervisor."

"What do you see in that Harry of a guy...he is only good looking but that ain't going to bring the money. How do I look?" she posed as Obi came out to look her up.

"Not bad. I can't believe you pay 30k for this thing."

"Bae...Though I like Harry as such an impressive guy but don't you think you are moving too fast? And Mide... his looks is just too absurd."

"Or you are saying you like him. You like my boyfriend's friend" She teased her.

Joyce rolled her eyes. "I like Moneyyyyy."

"Are you still going to wait for me so we could go out together?"

"Why do you want me to be there? I reject every spirit of third wheel....fire!."

Obi laughed" I told Harry you like cat fish."

"I love pepper soup."

"Same thing."

Her friend sighed. "Will you be serious with him like that stupid Ife? I just think you should take it slow..."

Obi shrugged, "I want to be serious with him, I am in my final year and I can't be seriously searching after graduation"

"So you are glueing yourself to him because of searching after graduation?"

"No....no.... that's just a norm. I like him a lot,"

"But if he hurt you, you know I can do more than what I did to your ex last time."

"Stop using your father's name to bully everyone for my sake."

Joyce looked at her with a serious before bursting into laughter as she remembered the drama that accompanied Obi and her ex break up. "The waiter was like... mister a fat aunty just punch one of your tyres, then he rose up and followed him while I sat back comfortably glaring back at his new slut like... bitch you're gonna walk home today he...he...he." She loved to relive the pranks she play whenever she was angry.

"You shouldn't have taken his wallet in the process."

"The police wouldn't want to arrest the Lagos state commissioner of police daughter. Girl I made him shake a little in his pants." She continued laughing.

"Harry want to be serious as well...he is exactly who I've been waiting for all my life and I'm beginning to trust him."

"Trust means something."

Sure,'

That was three years ago.

Obi sighed audibly, carrying a plate of Dodo and fried eggs from the kitchen before curling up on the sofa to eat. Her old girlfriend's voice trailed off as she could not help herself to stop thinking about Harrison. She had to leave office as soon as she heard that he was back in the company, gossips spread faster since his meeting. She left work immediately it was 4 on the dot to the safety of her cozy apartment. It was a coincidence that he came when the day's job was over. Mide texted her that he won't be able to eat dinner due to some meetings of some sort while Lola did not even budge to call and ask why she left the office without her. Now that the heartbreaker was back, Obi knew she must not bat her eyes at him else, she would never remain the same. When he left her she had many questions to ask him; why did things turn bad for them? Why did he leave?He just stopped taking his calls, monitored her movement and burst at her face that she was cheating on him while...while she was battling with the biggest problem of her life in her final year in the university. She was pregnant; with no one to look up to, even her own mother did not want her not to talk of taking care of her throughout the years. But he proudly shut her out like they never exist.