41

With a final look in the mirror, Obi applauded her friend's make over skills. Maybe Lola should even open a studio and go fully into it as a profession. Her favourite part was her hair locked into a bun, the edges descending into beautiful curls. She made a mental note to visit the saloon soon if she didn't want her hair frizzy and falling out. Lola had made her choose between a black body con dress with a slit reaching the mid thigh and a short off shoulder sheath pink lace dress. It was a tug of war when she wanted to wear just a normal black flowing gown. These dresses were gotten along when Lola went ghost shopping for her and she was yet to try any of them on. They argued. They stated the differences till her friend pushed the maroon lace to her.

"This speaks your volume babe!" Lola had held the dress up. "Your shoulder square, prideful and dominating like you are the real queen girl. The silver stiletto matches it and you...."

"Let me just go neutral. I don't know exactly where we are going."

"It is definitely a date." She shrugged. "You are wearing this. No argument. Babe, see this flawless makeup and you want to spoil it as if you are going to a funeral?"

"Let me just get dress quick. It is fifteen minutes to eight and Daniel will be bored in the sitting room right now." She had countered back.

But Lola being Lol, she made her wear the dress. She swirled around, loving the way the cloth stick to her body like it was finely made for her. Her small silver earrings shone, she managed a satisfactorily smile.

Her friend already left with Daniel for the movie while she waited for Harrison to knock on the door. Suddenly she became nervous. Maybe he would send George to pick her or even worse, would call to cancel. She let out a sigh as she waited. Her eyes traveled to the silver wristwatch on her wrist. Two minutes to eight. He should just arrive quickly and they should get this done!

Then the knock came through. Obi listened tentatively to check if she wasn't imagining things. Of course, Harrison had been giving her some big share of surprises, so she was not believing some things again.

The knock came again and she dashed out of the room to the door, her clutch in her hand. Squaring her shoulder, prepared to meet the devil, she reached out and opened.

"Hi. Is Lola in?"

Obi couldn't say why she was getting impatient just as Ebuka's face came into view. Not that she was ecstatic to see her infamous fiance but this guy of all people? "Hey hi."

She faked a smile at him.

"Oh. Please let her know I checked on..."

"I will." Obi replied quickly feeling impatient. He should get going already!

"I am sorry we've not being introduced properly. I am Ebuka, I live next...."

"I will tell Lola you checked on her."

"You sound pissed off." Ebuka commented and Obi almost swore under her breath. No wonder her friend didn't want to have anything to do with him again. He was the nosy type. "Huh.... your face look familiar. I am sorry the way you met us the other time, it is just that...."

"Having fun without me already?" Asked the familiar voice.

Obi raised a knowing look, peeped around the nosy neighbor's shoulder to get a look of her nightmare.

There he stood, leaning against the wall as his eyes bore hole through Ebuka's head.

"Oh. I didn't know y-you..." Ebuka stuttered but Harrison quickly cut him short.

"Leave."

Obviously the helpless guy didn't know who was staring at him with killer's eyes but the budge under his expensive suit didn't leave seconds for him to think twice before he scrambled away from Obi's front. That was when she could take in his choice of wears. He was wearing grey suit and a black shirt underneath, alright and he had his rude handsome face on point but what was with the v-line on display? Were they going to a fashion show where he could display his peeping toned abs or what? Flicking her eyes away from getting caught before he stated the obvious about his smitten look. She cleared her throat when his angry eyes were not leaving her face.