53

Harrison mood swapped to gloomy and it was due to one reason.

Their route changed.

They took another flight to Abuja and all the way from the airport, it was obvious he was angry, Nick had snatched Obi's phone to play candy crush but Obi watched the street lamps as their car drove by. Their father had called him that they should come to the federal capital, he would be hosting a business party the next day, a deal he just landed with the presidency and he wished Harrison met some of the partners.

They soon arrived at what Obi could only imagined to belong to the billionaires club. The big house was standing out. From the gate house that was stationed with heavy security team, through the five minutes on the driveway, it was screaming money. Obi was nervous as she looked around.

These people were good with expressing how wealthy they were.

Her eyes dashed between three fountains standing within a triangle, the middle one was the biggest, in which blue light was illuminating from a ceramic sculpture of an African woman who was drinking from the ceramic gourd in her hands, her face tilted up to the bright starry night.

"Finally!" Nick passed Obi's phone to her, snapping her out for the dazzling sight before her and jumped out immediately the car stopped. He had squeezed himself between his brother and Obi, complaining that he was going to bore to death in another ride.

Few people she guessed must be staff scrambled about with their boxes.

Harrison looked at her, the anger was already gone. "Shall we? "

Taking hold of his waist hand, she stepped into the cold weather. Harmattan here was not even different from Ilorin, she thought. "This place is beautiful." she managed to say.

Harrison smiled at her nervousness. He knew how nervous she was. "You will be fine."

Obi snorted, removing her hand from his to stretch out. "Easier said than done."

"Welcome home, Mr. Harry." came a stiff calculated voice.

They both turned aside to face the entrance.

"Ha.... Good to see Ms. Patricia."

"How was your trip sir?"

"Exhausting...."

"And annoying." Nick scowled at no one in particular, shoving his laptop bag into a young man's hand before giving the woman a lopsided grin. "Patricia, we talked about the wrinkles."

"Welcome home too Mr. Nick."

"My pleasure, I missed you too." He gave her a dramatic salute. "I need to go freshen up." He said disappearing from their sight.

Okay. Obi stood to analyze Miss Patricia. She was a petite woman who appeared to be in her late fifties, in her crispy black fitted gown and plain black shoes. She had these two big rims resting on her noes and she looked like a village school headmistress.

She was emitting coldness, especially towards her, Obi thought and it was a bad sign that her coming here might be the end of her.

Patricia maintained a eye level with Obi who was oblivious to it while she accessed her.

"Old Pat.... Meet my fiancee, Obi Kwarthar." he drew Obi to his side, to rub her hand up and down, "Sweetheart, this is Old Pat, she doesn't look her age though but she is the head of staff here."

"Welcome to the LEK's Home. I hope you enjoy your stay. Child."

Obi nodded stiffly. She was getting uncomfortable with the hard look the woman was giving her. Within few minutes of arrival, she already had enemy number one. Way to go Obi.