Jaune And Cardin? Friends?

"Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." Darting across the room mid lecture was Doctor Oobleck. The history teacher of Beacon Academy. "How is he moving so fast?" Ruby questioned leaning to her left towards Blake "I have no Idea, it's kinda scary." She answered watching him speed around some more.

He took a sip of his drink before running around again. "Now. While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events!" Alot of people seemed to be affected by this fact. Something Ruby noticed, when she looked at Weiss, she saw that extra guilty look on her face. Patting her shoulder, she gave her a soft smile. When Weiss looked over, she couldn't help but smile back.

"Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now, have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?" He asked out to the class. Nobody made a move before a random student in the background slowly raised his hand. Then after that more and more Faunus students started to raise their hands as well. Ruby looked down to the person in front of her and watched as Velvet slowly raised her hand.

"Dreadful, simply dreadful. Remember students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean, just look at what happened to the white fang! Now which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?" Weiss raised her hand and Oobleck zipped in front of her "Yes." he said calling on her. "The battle of Fort Castle!" She answered. "Precisely. And who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?" he asked to the class again.

"Hey!" Jaune shouted rubbing the back of his head. "Mr Arc. Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! excellent! Now what is the answer?" he said getting close to his face. "Ummm." Looking around Jaune looked to his friends. Pyrrha was making a motion over her eyes that looked like binoculars but then he saw Ruby hold up a pad of paper that had 'Night Vision' written on it.

"Ummm, Night Vision?" He answered unsure. "Correct Mr Arc. Cardin, I saw what you did so I would like to see you after class." He said zipping back to his desk. Jaune started to slightly laugh at Cardin. "You as well Mr arc." he said making Jaune groan. "Anyways. Nearly every Faunus have near perfect vision in the dark. General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush he Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the General was captured." He explained.

"Perhaps if he paid attention in class he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure." Blake piped up staring over at Cardin. He stood up when he noticed she was talking about him. "Mr Winchester please take your seat." Oobleck said to the enraged boy. "Now, moving on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You go on ahead, I'll wait for Jaune." Pyrrha said. The class had finally ended and Team JNPR minus Jaune had walked out.

"You two have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is. It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so! I expect you to act like it. History is important gentleman. If you can't learn from it, you're destined to repeat it. Pages 51 to 91! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now run along." He finished before Zipping away once more.

Walking out of the lecture hall he stopped before getting pushed down by Cardin. Pyrrha ran over to him and helped him up. "You know, I really will break his legs." she said to him and watched as he sighed. She gained a bright look on her face before grabbing his arm. "I have an idea. Here, come with me." she said dragging him off.