LIX

STEAMY...

In those many years of my immortal life without Barnabas, I was living in a bubble. I cried a lot and I began cutting myself again. I was mad at myself.

Once I even tried to drown myself in the bath. But one of our servants found me. She screamed and ran to me. She pulled me up. I gasped for breath.

'Venus, what have you done?' She gave me a hug. 'Do you think that Barnabas had wanted this?'

'Don't say his name…' I began to cry again. 'I can't live without Barnabas… I wanna be with him…'

He was never buried. Because his body was never found. I didn’t dare to walk near the cliff anymore. I barely went outside after he jumped.

There has been a ceremony though. Everyone stared at me, because I just couldn’t stop sobbing. 

'Pfft, aren't you done crying already? Jesus Christ,' someone snapped at me.

'Have some respect, she’s lost her brother! You know that they were close!'

'Yeah, pfft. But she’s crying nonstop.'

'Our beloved businessman has departed,' someone spoke.

And my cheerfulness along with it, I thought to myself. 

I suddenly remember it crystal clear. That one conversation I overheard that day.

'Why doesn’t she know?' Someone whispered.

'Know what?' 

'That her brother is not dead.'

'Then tell her.'

'No, are you crazy? Then she'll go and look for him! And if she finds him, he'll…'

'It's way better for her that she doesn't know that her brother is a vampire.' 

A vampire? I thought to myself. Barnabas, a vampire? Since when?

I shrugged it off and talked to him in my head. It felt so real and so safe. 

I cried again.

'Don't cry, my dear,' Barnabas spoke in my head. 'I'm always with you.' 

But then, my sadness turned into anger. I grabbed the first thing I saw - a vase with flowers - and threw it on the ground. It made a loud bang and everyone turned to look at me. 

'Barney, I’m sorry… I can’t miss you. I can’t live without you… I'm so sorry.' 

'Why are you so attached to that monster?' someone asked.

I flew up. 'You take that back! How dare you talk about Barnabas like that!' 

'Your brother is a vampire, Venus. He's not who you think he is…'

'What? Seriously? You all loved him, all women wanted to date him… And now…'

'I would’ve dated him. He was so handsome…'

After the ceremony, I asked the owner of the church: 'Can I have some time alone with my brother?'

He nodded. 'I'll give you some time with your beloved Barney.'

I fell onto my knees and cried uncontrollably. I covered my face with my hands. When I was calm again, there was a huge wet spot on the skirt of my dress. 

I talked to his painting above the fireplace all night. I dreamed about him every night. Every dream was the same. He took me outside and we kissed, but then he suddenly disappeared.

I fantasized about him all day. About feeling his body against mine. Without clothes on.

While I was showering, I'd wash myself while imagining Barnabas washing me. I stopped at my most sensitive spots. I became more and more turned on. I slipped my finger into myself and began to thrust in and out of me.

'Oh fuck, Barney…' I whispered softly so only I could hear. I imagined the most vulgar things.

He'd suck on my boob and then he'd kiss me again. And then he'd stroke my thigh and then, and then… he'd force himself inside of me. 

I moaned out and I felt myself shaking. Oh god, I was about to cum so hard. 

'Ugh! Fuck! Goddamn,' I moaned as I started to squirt all over my hand. I was exhausted. 

There was a knock at the door.

'Venus, are you still showering now? I also have to!' Barnabas yelled. 

'I was about to get out!' I yelled back. The exhaustion was clearly heard. 

'Okay. I'll wait for you.' 

My legs were still shaking. 

'What did you do there?' Barnabas asked when I opened the door.

I blushed. 

'You were playing with your cunt, weren’t you?' He asked.

I nodded and blushed even harder.

'Hey, don’t be ashamed, my dear. It’s normal,' he said. 'Or did you think that I didn’t play with myself?'

'Yeah, I know you're jerking off.' I said.

'Since when have you been doing it?' He asked.

'Uh… since I was fifteen,' I whispered.

'It feels good, right? You nearly can't describe the feeling.'

'No. It feels wonderful…'

'Did you cum?' He suddenly asked.

I blushed even harder. 'Uh-huh.'

'Did you think of someone while doing it?' 

'Yes…'

'Barnabas, are you still talking? Go take your bath!' Father yelled.

'I will, father,' he yelled back. He then took off his blouse. I gasped at the sight of his chest. He was so perfect. I looked at his handsome facial features and I felt butterflies in my stomach. 

'See you in a minute,' I told him. I did it before I knew it. I leaned in and gave him a kiss on his cheek. 

Barnabas smiled. 'See you in a minute, Venus.' 

I'd rather have showered with him. But I knew that couldn’t happen.