5. Perfect size

My eyes blink open heavily and I feel a heavy weight across my waist

I look down to see River's toned arm draped over me, half-holding me possessively as he sleeps beside me on the bed.

I groan, "Get your arm off me, man."

He only makes an incoherent sound in response, so I groggily push his arm off me, and he turns around.

"I need something to hold." He mutters into his pillow, eyes still closed.

I grunt as I sit up in bed and stretch, glancing over to the sofa bed where Slater is awake but quiet, watching us both through slitted eyes as he lays with the sheets pooled at his waist.

His naturally darker complexion tones the tight muscles on his bare torso, and I only just recently got to see how good he actually is in the ring.

"Then we need to find you someone who doesn't mind sharing the bed with both of us." I tell him back sarcastically, though River only smiles widely into his pillow, eyes still closed.

"I want Romani." He replies, "She'd be perfect to hold onto at night, perfect size."

I look at him weirdly, he really is a psycho.

"Lovely, just hire her as your bed prisoner as well as the job we already gave her and you're all set." I grumble sarcastically yet again, but River just sighs into his pillow as I get out of bed, Slater following me.

We were starting our training earlier today, still going on to the early evening. My only worry with that is leaving River to look after shit until Romani gets here – and then looking after Romani.

I glance back at River who's still laying in bed, hair ruffled and back flexed as he hugs the pillow he is laying on.

He actually looked like an angel when he was asleep.

Let's just hope he maintains some of the same qualities later in the day. 

I had no classes this morning, so I woke up to settle on my bed and study for my chemistry exam next week

I had all my notes laid out in front of me as I try to remember them without looking, and then checking back to see if I got things correct or missed anything out when I was done talking to my Dalmatian stuffy.