Chapter 37

Raven stumbled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. As she sat on the toilet, she looked at her cabinet, sensing something wasn't right. Her perfume was never on the second shelf. And why was her body lotion on the ground by the bathtub. Their master bath was a nice size. As you walked in from the bedroom, the sink and counter were on the right, the toilet at the end of the counter, and then the shower stall beyond that. Across the room was the stand-alone tub, the door to the linen closet, and the cabinet in question. The cabinet was almost alone in the corner, out of the way of foot traffic. Why were things rearranged? And on the floor?

O shuffled in and turned on the shower.

"Babe? Did you rearrange the stuff in our cabinet yesterday?"

"No, why?" O asked sleepily.

"Because it looks different."

"Different how?"

"Like, rearranged different. The deodorant is not where it always is, my face cream is in a different spot, my hair band was on the floor."

O looked over at the cabinet. "Huh, yeah it looks different. You were pretty toasted last night, maybe you cleaned or something. Last time you were drunk you put all our T-shirts in color coded piles."

"No, no, I went right to bed."

"Well, what else could have happened?"

Raven looked at O. "Well, there was some minor surgery up here."

O was too tired to figure it out, "So?"

"So? Why would all this stuff be in different spots, and other stuff on the floor?"

"I don't know babe, I'm too tired for questions."

"Somebody knocked into it."

O got undressed and stepped into the shower, pulling the glass door shut behind her. "Well, maybe Clarke or Lexa ran into it."

"It's all the way over there, nowhere near the doorway. Why would they run into it over there?"

"I don't know, baby, why don't you ask Clarke when you see her today. Oh, and the dildo is hanging off the mailbox."

"Is that where it ended up? I lost track of it."

"Might wanna get it off there, if you want mail tomorrow."

* * *

Lexa cleaned up the breakfast dishes after Luna left to go to work and Anya went out to take care of the dogs in the kennel. She was careful not to get the stitches wet. Luckily, the Advil she took earlier had taken the throbbing away. The kittens were sitting next to the sink, waiting patiently for a bubble to float up from the dish soap. Lexa smiled at them, her annoyance from earlier forgotten. She feared she'd soon have to come up with names, because quite frankly, they weren't going anywhere. But she wasn't ready to admit that to anyone else right now.

As she washed the final dish and put it in the rack, her mind circled back to her dream. The moment she almost heard Clarke say her name. She may have come herself if she hadn't woken up. She shook her head. She was being ridiculous. She was being weak. Who cares if Clarke said it? It didn't matter. Lexa was staying away from her. She'd have someone else drive the route. She'd make sure she was nowhere near her. Never again. If she wasn't around her, there was no more danger of kissing. If there was no more kissing, well, she'd be devastated, but maybe the dreams would stop. Maybe she would stop aching to touch her. Touch her breasts, obviously. That was all. She appreciated her breasts. She was a breast woman. There, that was it. No more Clarke Griffin.  Maybe she should move out of Seattle. Her phone buzzed. It was a text from Raven.