Chapter 86

Lexa and Costia walked Max over to the yard. Lexa called Ontari over to get the dog and keep an eye on him. "You want something to eat?"

Costia smiled. "Sure, I'm starving."

Both women walked over towards Jasper. Before they could reach the tables, Aden was there grabbing Lexa's hand. He signed excitedly. "Whoa buddy, talk and sign. And say hi to Costia, please."

Aden took a deep breath before signing and speaking. "Hi Costia," he said quickly

"Hi Aden, it's good to see you again."

He turned his attention back to Lexa. "I need to look for a gift in the store. I met a girl at school and she has a new kitten, and I wanna get her something."

Lexa took a quick peek at Costia. "Right now? Can't it wait 'til later?"

"No, it has to be right now."

Lexa caught Costia's eye again and shrugged.

Costia nodded. "Go ahead. I'll just grab a burger and hang out here."

"You sure?"

"Yes, go."

"Okay, let's go buddy. And who's this new girl?" Lexa was worried that she had missed something the last few weeks while feeling sorry for herself. He pulled her towards the store, describing his new girlfriend.

Raven and Joffrey looked on, Raven nodding her head in approval. "Excellent work. You're up." Joff took off towards the smoking barbecue.

Costia joined the food line, waiting her turn to get a burger. She grabbed a plate and stepped up to Jasper. "Hi Jasper."

Jasper was caught off guard and the burger that was on the spatula fell back onto the grill. "Oh hey, you." He had a senior moment and forgot her name.

"Costia."

"Right Costia, I knew that, sorry. How are you?"

"I'm good. How's Maya?"

"She's good. She's around here somewhere." He placed the burger into a bun and onto her plate. "Enjoy."

"Thank you."

Octavia sidled up to Raven, looking sideways at her while handing her a water. "You have quite the look of determination on your face."

"Operation Popcorn, phase two."

"Oh god, what did you do?"

Octavia followed Raven's eyes to the food table. Joff was on the opposite side of the table from Costia, who was putting some fixin's on her burger. He grabbed the ketchup, gave it a good shake and promptly sent a spray all over the front of Costia's shirt.

An evil grin spread across Raven's face.

Octavia groaned. "Did you put him up to that?"

"Maybe."

"Really?"

"Yes. Yes, I did. I enlisted both of them."

"So, you enlisted a couple of obsequious henchmen to do your bidding."

"Henchboys." Raven corrected. She high fived her girl. "WOTD. Good one."

Octavia acknowledged the compliment with a slight nod of her head. "I still can't believe you did that."

Raven defended her choices. "Somebody had to do something. We can't have Costia and Lexa getting back together."

"And you think squirting ketchup on Costia's shirt will prevent that."