Chapter 94

"Jesus Christ, it's like a funeral in here, open up the fucking curtains!" Raven navigated through Clarke's darkened hotel room at eight a.m. The wedding party had stayed at a swanky hotel near the church last night. They had the rehearsal dinner and then everybody crashed around eleven p.m. "Why you still in bed, get up."

The only sound from underneath the gold and white duvet was a groan.

Octavia threw back the curtains and sunlight flooded the room. She looked over at the bed and all that was visible was a person-sized lump. "Look Clarke, a sunny day, a goddamn indubitable sunny day. That's one people!" Octavia held up her index finger.

Raven high-fived her as she walked over to Clarke's bed and plopped down on it, bouncing the lump that was Clarke in the air. "C'mon Clarkie, up. It's your wedding day my friend. And the fucking sun is out. It seems the Seattle gods want you to get married today."

"My head hurts," Clarke squawked, not bothering to remove the covers from her face.

"It's alive." O took a flying leap onto the bed, trying to rouse Clarke from her polyester and satin grave.

Raven pried the covers off and threw them on the floor. "Let's go. Happiest day of your life, today. Look fucking happy."

Clarke's hair was hanging over her face as she stayed prone on the bed. "Fuck off."

"That's the spirit, that's my Clarkie. C'mon, you need to shower. Jesus, it smells abhorrent in here, like a hundred whiskey bottles exploded. Did you drink alone last night?"

An arm rose from the dead, like Lazarus. A finger point soon followed. "I may have emptied the mini bar."

"Well, that is beyond pathetic my friend. You should have called us. No bride-to-be should get hammered alone the night before her wedding."

"I wanted to drown in self-pity alone."

"It's not too late Clarke," Octavia said.

"Too late for what? Another drink?"

Raven bopped her in the head with a pillow. "No, jackass, to walk away. Get the fuck outta here. That car is running out front just like I promised. We'll cover for you. Fly, be free. Be your own woman, grow those lady balls!"

"Yeah Clarke, this wedding is not indubitable yet, not 'til the ring is on the finger. That's two people! Two! And it's not even nine o'clock," O preened.

Raven was skeptical, and she put Clarke on hold for a moment. "I'm not sure you used that right."

"I did. I think I did."

"I don't think so. You need to google that."

"Okay, hold on." Octavia brought up google on her iPhone and did some research.

Clarke groaned into the very pillow that assaulted her moments ago. "It's indubitable that my life is a shit show...of my own making."

Raven pointed emphatically at Clarke. "Now that, that was used right."

O was done researching. "Ha! I used it right, too. It's an adjective."

"Whatever."

"I dreamed about her again last night," Clarke muttered into the pillow. The dreams had come fast and furious this past week. Every night was a new torture. It was like her mind was giving one last gasp of hope.

Raven turned her attention back to her best friend. "Well, there's the door. Make that dream a reality."

Clarke whimpered as her stomach roiled. She felt bilious. Cleaning out the mini bar solo will do that. She crawled out of bed and onto the floor. She continued to crawl surreptitiously on all fours towards the bathroom.