Chapter 62

Today was slated to be Oliver's first dog lesson. Clarke stood staring at the clothes in her closet, clad only in her blue thong, trying to figure out what to wear, pulling out various shirts, not finding just the right one yet. She knew she was being ridiculous. It was just a dog lesson. So why did part of her feel like it was a date? She shook her head, chiding herself. A date. Don't be stupid. It's just a friendly little get together. She glanced at her reflection in the mirror, sucking her tummy in and patting it. She felt pretty good about herself. "What do you think, Jinx, not bad, right?" she asked her favorite kitty, who was perched on the dresser. Clarke wondered if Lexa would find her body attractive. She certainly seemed fascinated by her breasts. Oh my god, stop it, get your mind out of the gutter! Back to the business at hand. What was she gonna wear? Her light blue bra was sitting on the small chair next to her. Of course, she would wear that, it was Lexa's favorite. And it matched her thong. But mostly because it was Lexa's favorite.

Oliver came snooping around, seeing what his mommy was up to. He leaned against her, looking for some loving, tail wagging furiously.

Leaning down, Clarke smooched him on the head. "Hey buddy, how was your walk with daddy?" she asked absently, taking a couple shirts out and laying them on the bed. She turned around just in time to see Ollie snatch the blue bra and take off. "Oh shit, no, no, no, no buddy. Not again!" She ran after him, holding her boobs in place as she jogged down the hallway. He ended up in the guest room under the bed. Getting on her knees, she peeked under. Talk about déjà vu. Last time she was in this position, Oliver was eating her wallet and Lexa was smirking at her. She smiled fondly, remembering how combative she was with Lexa. It was always fun. And it still was. Paintball last weekend was an absolute blast. She was really looking forward to spending time with her today. Clarke managed to pry the bra out of Ollie's mouth, with minimal damage. Just a smidgen of slobber. No matter. She rinsed it off in the guest bathroom, dabbing it dry with a towel.

She headed back to the master bedroom to finish getting dressed. After studying the three shirts on the bed, she decided on the light blue one, to match the bra and thong, knowing the color would make her eyes pop. Oh my god, your eyes don't need to pop, Clarke thought. The only thing popping should be Raven's popcorn. And if Raven were here, she'd for sure be popping some popcorn.

This would be the first time she and Lexa would be alone since their last kiss. Clarke's vision became unfocused as another formerly repressed memory came to her, the memory of that kiss, so soft and sweet and full of promise. It seemed like a lifetime ago, but it really had been only a few weeks. There had been moments, mostly at night, when she would lie quietly in bed and ache to be kissed again. Clarke knew this wasn't part of the friend pact. She knew her thoughts shouldn't be straying to kissing her new friend. But sometimes, it was like trying to stop a runaway freight train, impossible. How could she not think about the way Lexa's green eyes sparkled when she teased her. Or the way the corners of her mouth would lift when she tried to hold back a smile. Or the way her arms felt wrapped around Clarke's back.

Clarke sighed. Surely these thoughts would start to go away. Sometimes she swore they were getting stronger. Maybe enough time hadn't passed yet. That was it, it was just too soon.

She pulled on her jeans, tugged the blue shirt over her head, put a little eye makeup on, and finished the look off with a black pendant necklace that hung right at the base of her throat. With her hands on her hips, she took a long look in the mirror. She decided she looked nice. Jinx meowed his approval.

----------------------------------------

End of Chapter 62