Chapter 91

"Finn and I decided to go through with the wedding." Clarke and Abby were having lunch a couple of days after Raven and Octavia's visit.

Abby's mouth opened in shock. "What?"

"We're gonna get married."

"Are you sure?"

Clarke's eyebrows shot up. "I thought you'd be ecstatic."

"I'm very happy, sweetie." Abby reached out and grabbed Clarke's hand. "Of course, I am. But...you just had a miscarriage. You've been through emotional hell. I'm not so sure you should be making this kind of decision right now. There's plenty of time to think about that after you've healed."

"I made up my mind, mom. We made up our minds. It's what we want." Clarke and Finn had talked long into the night after returning from dinner at the Jordan's. Finn brought up how great it would be to have a family, and that he thought they would make excellent parents. After much back and forth and many tears, they both agreed to try again, to put the past behind them and move forward. They had finally gone to bed around four a.m. Clarke stayed in the guest room, not quite ready for things to be totally back normal. Maybe after the wedding. Maybe by then it wouldn't feel like cheating. Cheating on Lexa.

So here she was, barely awake, operating on about two hours of sleep. Clarke was thankful she didn't have to literally operate today.

"Clarke, you don't have to do this right now. Why don't you wait a few months?"

Abby's questioning surprised Clarke. She expected happiness and excitement. Not this tempered response. "Who are you and what did you do with my mom?" she joked.

Abby gave a tight-lipped smile. "I'm just worried about you. I know you've been depressed. And that's normal. I just don't want you to have any regrets. That's all."

Clarke put on a happy face, pushing her ever present pain down deep. "Well, this is what I want. But I could use your help. My schedule is gonna be busy next month. I was hoping you could help with arranging everything. The sooner the better. Maybe we can even get the same date at the church. Check with Reverend Monaghan. Since we just canceled a couple months ago, maybe it's still available. And Finn's gonna ask his parents to have the reception back at their place. It's certainly big enough."

"If this is truly what you want, I'll help you. I'm sure I can get things moving for you." Abby squeezed Clarke's hand again.

"Yes, mom. It's what I want. It's what Finn and I both want." Liar, liar. Pants on fucking fire.

----------------------------------------

End of Chapter 91