FINALE

"How's Raven and Ryan doing?" Lexa asked as they walked along the shoreline at Alki Beach Park. It was a cool spring morning and the beach was deserted. Three-year-old Eve walked between her mommies, and Alexander nestled in Lexa's arms.

"She's doing good. They wanna have us over for his one-week-old birthday party tomorrow."

Lexa laughed. "Ah, new parents."

"I don't think we celebrated weekly birthdays," Clarke joked.

"Rave is and always will be, over-the-top."

Since they were the only ones at the park, the dogs roamed off leash. Yogi and Milo frolicked along the water's edge, dodging the lazy Puget Sound waves curling onto the beach. Oliver wandered around with his sand-covered nose, picking up sticks and strutting proudly with them in his mouth. One stick he found was more like a branch, and he cantered in front of the group, showing off. Little Alex giggled at the dog's antics and kicked his chubby fourteen-month-old legs. His wavy brown hair stuck straight up in the air. Clarke tried to smooth it down, to no avail. She kissed his cheek when he looked at her with a dimpled smile. His green eyes twinkled, always filled with mischief and merriment.

"I don't know how it's possible, but I swear this kid looks like you." Clarke pulled Lexa in for a slow, languid kiss. A kiss full of promise. The kind of kiss that said, later, there's more where that came from. Their passion remained strong, the fires still raged. They just had to be creative with two little ones running around. And remember to lock doors.

Eve released their hands and bent over to grab a small black stone. The edges were smoothed from years of ocean wear. Tiny Eve loved the beach, so they drove here every weekend when weather permitted. She raised her new-found treasure into the air. "Rock. Mommy, Mama, look. Rock."

Eve's blond curls fell into her eyes and Lexa gently pushed them back, tucking what she could behind her ears.

Clarke cooed over the rock. "What a beautiful rock. My goodness. It's the best rock ever."

Eve giggled and gave it to Clarke for safe keeping. She slipped her hands back into theirs and continued searching for more awesome stones.

"Where should we go for our family vacation this year?" Lexa asked

"Someplace warm. This kid here likes beaches!" Clarke squeezed Eve's hand.

"Beaches!" Eve shouted.

Lexa's brows drew together. "Hm, okay. Beaches. That narrows it down. Not! And warm. A warm beach. Rules out Alaska. We'll go south then."

Clarke caught Lexa's eye and smiled. Her heart overflowed with love. She had a gorgeous wife and two beautiful children. It didn't get any better than this. No doubt life would throw some curve balls. No doubt they would handle them. Together.

"South sounds good." They continued walking along the water's edge as the sun crested above the mountains to the east. "Southern California is always nice, maybe San Diego..."

-------------------------------------

END OF LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP