Chapter 16

That night, Clarke met Raven and Octavia at the Ark. They sat around a table nursing their beers, and Clarke was already feeling it. All the stress from the last few months was catching up with her, so a night with the girls was just what the doctor ordered. Raven being the doctor in this case. Clarke hadn't been out in a while, so if she got a little drunk, that was OK. Her two besties would make sure she got home safely.

"How's the wedding planning going? I'm your maid of honor, I'm supposed to be helping you," Raven said.

"I'm not even planning it, my mom and Finn's mom are. We picked a small church in Bellevue. The reception will be back at the country club."

"Don't you wanna be involved?" O asked. "Sounds duplicitous to not be involved."

"Nice," Raven said, "word of the day?" O nodded. Raven high-fived her then kissed her. "That's my girl!"

Clarke was equally impressed and lost her train of thought. "What?"

O repeated her question, "Don't you wanna be involved?"

Clarke just gave her a blank stare.

"In the wedding planning," O said with exasperation.

"Oh right. No. I'll be starting a new rotation at the hospital, I don't have a lot of time to do it. My schedule has been crazy lately."

"What about dresses, we need goddamn dresses, don't we? That's it, tomorrow is dress shopping," Raven declared. "Would be goddamn duplicitous if we didn't do some goddamn dress shopping." She smiled at O and held up two fingers. "Two hon."

"Only counts if I use it, babe."

Raven was disappointed. "Sorry, thought I was helping."

"Or we can all go down the aisle in scrubs," Clarke said downing her third beer and starting her fourth. "Goddamn duplicitously." Clarke had no clue what it exactly meant. She was a little intoxicated. "That's three," she said to O, holding up four fingers.

"Uh oh," O said looking over Clarke's shoulder.

"What?"

"Here comes trouble. I gotta go wee wee." Octavia caught the baby speak, "I mean pee. I'm gonna go urinate. I'll be right back."

"Or, you can just say, I'm going to the bathroom," Raven said.

O flipped her a quick bird as she got up to go to the ladies' room.

Clarke felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to look. She groaned inside. "Oh, hey." She couldn't think of the woman's name, but every time she was here she would come over and hit on her. Even dressed like a slob, in an oversized hoodie, which she was wearing tonight, the girl would still hit on her.

"Hi Clarke, long time no see, where have you been?"

"Busy, ah, you, how you doin'?"

Raven decided to rescue her friend, she knew Clarke was not good with names when she was sober, let alone toasted. "Hey Emori, what's up girl?"

"Not much," the girl said to Raven, quickly turning her attention back to Clarke. "You look great, can I buy you a drink?"

"I'm still nursing this one, but thanks...Amora." She said the name quietly, hoping it got lost in the music from the DJ. She was pretty sure she got it wrong.

"Okay, but let me know if you need another. Or need anything. Ever." She winked and squeezed her shoulder.

"I will, thanks."

"Like, sexually."

"Okay, I got it, thanks."

Emori walked away and Clarke rolled her eyes. "Not very subtle, is she." However, it usually took a good ten minutes to shake her, so she wasn't going to complain too much. "God, why is she always here?"