Chapter 61

It was all square. One game apiece. It would all come down to the rubber match. One game to determine the winner of two very expensive dinners at the Met Grill, along with a copious amount of desserts.

The boys were dejected, knowing their fate was probably sealed the moment Luna the sharp shooter stepped foot on the playing field. The third game was just a formality. Bellamy tried to rally the troops, tried to pump them up as they changed their hoppers to a new paint color. When the whistle blew, they got into position to await the inevitable.

The girls huddled up to strategize. Raven had one thought in her head. She wanted to bag a Lannister. "Boss, I need to be upfront, I gotta a little payback to take care of."

"Rae he's twelve," O reminded her.

"I know babe, I'm just gonna fill him with paint, I'm not gonna actually hurt him for god's sake."

O loaded up her hopper with new ammo. "Well, I'm not defending, it's boring back here. I want in on the action. I need to shoot somebody."

Anya looked at her, "Let me guess, you've got your period."

"How'd you know?"

Anya looked her up and down. "You got that look like you wanna kill someone. I like it. Come with me. We'll go get the flag."

"Me too," Harper said, "I want some action. Been stuck back here the whole time."

Raven looked at Clarke and Lexa, "Looks like Clexa is guarding our flag."

Clarke looked at her, "Who?"

Raven ignored her. "Let's do this, there's a lot at stake here. I want some mother humping expensive dessert. And I don't wanna have to pay for it."

Clarke looked around, "Did she say Clexa?" Her eyes landed on Lexa, who just raised her eyebrows, not sure of the Clexa comment either.

Luna surveyed the field in front of them. "Looks like nut boy is holding down their fort."

"Who's nut boy?" Harper asked.

Raven cackled. "Murphy. Oh yeah Lex. you owe Luna fifty bucks."

"I do?"

"Yeah, Luna hit him square in the balls. With the grenade launcher."

"Ouch," Harper said, making a face.

"Fucking ouch is right. Boy saw stars and then some. I'm willing to bet his sperm count went down after that one," Raven squawked.

"It doesn't work like that," Clarke said, shaking her head.

"What the fuck ever, Clarke."

Lexa nodded her head. "That's fifty bucks well spent, is what I think."

The girls all shared a chuckle. The whistle blew, and they sprang into action. Clarke and Lexa stayed behind to guard the flag, and the rest of them took off.

Clarke leaned her elbows on the split rail fence that was in front of their base and Lexa joined her. They pushed their visors up since no one was near them. They had a good view of the battle from this vantage point.

"Well, Butch, it's not as exciting back here." Clarke turned and smiled at her favorite brunette.

"I guess we had to share the fun. Although we made quite a pair, Sundance," Lexa said, gazing into warm blue orbs. Gazing? More like drowning.

Clarke felt her face flush slightly from the intensity of Lexa's stare. She glanced down at those perfect lips. The urge to kiss her was suddenly so strong it made her tremble. She turned away from probing green eyes. "We do make quite a pair," Clarke said as she looked at the action in front of her, aware of the tense of her verb and how it sounded. And not caring.