Chapter 75

It was an hour later, and Lexa looked at the clock. "Oh shit, I'm never in bed this long, what did you do to me woman?" Lexa asked as she grabbed Clarke and spun her flat on her back. "You're a vixen."

Clarke giggled as Lexa tried to look mad at her, unsuccessfully of course. How could Clarke take her seriously, with her lips swollen from kisses, her hair sticking up in every direction from their wild night of sex. "Yep, that's me. Your worst nightmare, a vixen and a horrible dog owner."

Lexa kissed the tip of her nose. "You're not a horrible dog owner. Not anymore. You'll tame Oliver in no time," Lexa said as she captured Clarke's lips. "Like you tamed me," she said quietly into the kiss, so quiet that Clarke barely heard her.

Clarke was about to ask about the taming, but they were interrupted by barking dogs and car doors slamming.

Lexa picked her head up, "Oh, I bet that's one of our customers. They're boarding two dogs today. Ugh. I guess I better get up." She looked down at Clarke, and it took every ounce of self-control to not start kissing her again. "God, you're beautiful," she said as she tucked an errant curl behind Clarke's ear.

Clarke reached up a hand and caressed Lexa's cheek. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing."

"When will I see you again," Lexa asked, hoping she didn't sound too desperate.

"I have nightmare shifts this week. But I'll make it happen, I promise."

Lexa kissed her softly, then buried her face in Clarke's neck. She wished she wasn't this crazy about Clarke. But she was so far gone, it was scary.

Lexa finally made an appearance about an hour later, walking over to the store to check on Anya. "Yo."

"Yo yourself. You look tired. Did we have trouble sleeping last night?"

Lexa wore a wry grin, "You could say that."

"So, when did all this happen?"

"She showed up yesterday." Lexa jammed her hands into the pockets of her jeans.

"Wow. I'm impressed. You look pretty damn happy, so it must have been good."

Lexa blew out a breath, "Good? Yeah, you could say that. I mean, I might say fantastic, but, good works."

"Well, all right, girl, congratulations," Anya slapped Lexa on the back.

Lexa sighed happily and leaned against the wall, banging her head softly as she thought about the past eighteen hours. "I think she's the one," she said quietly.

"The one?" Anya asked.

Lexa nodded her head, "I think she may just be it for me. Like, the one you search your entire life for, you know?"

"Didn't you say that about Susan?" Anya asked, jokingly.

Susan was the woman Lexa was dating prior to the casual arrangement with Costia. Sue had just come out of an eight-year relationship, and Lexa was smitten with her, but ended up just being a stopgap. She left Lexa for someone else three days after they celebrated their one-year anniversary.

"This is different, it's nothing like that," Lexa said confidently. "And I never said that about Susan."

"You moped for a while after she dumped you."

"Oh, c'mon. I didn't mope that long."

"I know, I'm just kidding. I hope it works out for you guys, Clarke is great."

Lexa smiled, "Yeah." She paused, thinking about all her interactions with Clarke. "There's just something between us, I don't know how to describe it. It feels like fate. Like we were meant for each other."