Chapter 60: Questions Never Cease to Arise

~~~~~~
Arya
~~~~~~

"Alright, I'll head over to Vendel in order to get this Killstone ready." Skylar spoke.
"Okay, I'm going to head out early, see if I can find Angor." I replied.
"Just be careful. If he tries to kill you, run." Skylar stated, causing me to nod.
We went our separate ways, the sound of horns blaring behind me before I exited Trollmarket.
First, I checked the sewers.
Obviously, he wasn't there.
I sighed, searching high and low throughout the entire town before heading home for a break.
"Arya." He greeted after I closed the door.
I looked up to meet his blank gaze, his once golden gaze now a silvery-white.
They looked empty besides the anger and sadness within them.
"I'm sorry for how everything turned out." I began, watching him as he stayed in the corner of the room.
He stayed silent.
"You will leave. I don't want to harm you in this." He stated lowly.
"You'll be harming me if you hurt my friends." I stated, taking a step forward.
His gaze snapped onto my form.
"We met before... You do not remember." He suddenly stated, causing me to frown deeply.
"That's not possible. I would remember if we had." I stated, causing him to look away.
"It was a long time ago." He whispered.
"How long ago?" I questioned, raising a brow.
"You injured yourself after I had helped you. You forgot me." He replied, my hand moving to the scar on the back of my head.
I frowned.
"Angor Rot... Why are you here?" I questioned softly.
"As I said, I don't wish to hurt you." He stated again.
"Then don't harm my friends. Help them." I insisted.
"They destroyed my soul." He growled out, anger flashing over his features.
"Then am I not to blame as well?" I questioned, matching his tone.
His gaze softened.
He was conflicted.
"Please, remove the spell from Dr. Lake and Strickler. Help us. You were a hero to trolls before all this, what changed?" I spoke, forcing him to meet my gaze.
"If you do not leave, I will not be held responsible if you get hurt." He growled out, turning away.
"I understand that you are angry, but your soul is not something someone can just take. You still feel emotions. You're still you." I spoke, following him.
He turned to me suddenly, slamming me against the wall.
He glared at me.
"I am nothing without my soul. I warned you. If I see you again, I'll kill you." He warned before pushing off me and heading out the open window.
My gut twisted as I frowned.
I couldn't remember him for the life of me, yet something was telling me that it was important.
Something pulled me towards him.
"Angor..." I whispered, my gaze falling to the ground.
What was this?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry for the short chapter today!
Thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening/night!
Bye for now!