29

In a few days, it will be the Empress Dowager's birthday.

 The Empress Dowager is a mid-mature lady, she still has charm, and the emperor attaches great importance to her birthday every year, so this year is no surprise, and he ordered his subordinates to speed up the arrangements early in the morning.

 When it really came to the Empress Dowager's birthday, the palace was decorated with lanterns and festoons, and the sound of silk and bamboo played continuously. All the ministers above the second rank were invited to the palace for a banquet. It was a rare and lively scene once a year.

 Before the dinner began, the ministers were already waiting in the hall. Long Yanzhao personally went to the Yong'an Palace to invite the Queen Mother over. The Emperor and the Queen Mother's guard of honor went hand in hand, and the Queen Mother was accompanied by special palace servants who pushed the handicapped King Hao, and took care of King Hao's son who was under two years old.

 The Empress Dowager still held the Buddhist beads in her hand, looked at the courts and courtyards that had been deliberately rearranged along the way, and said to Long Yanzhao: "Aijia is just a birthday, and the emperor doesn't need to be so extravagant."

 But Long Yanzhao said: "But it's not an extravagance. It seems that the Chinese New Year is coming, and the palace should celebrate and celebrate, and get the honor of the queen mother." The

 queen mother was noncommittal to this kind of rhetoric.

 Although she worships Buddha all the year round, her mother's family has been weak in recent years, and she seldom comes out to intervene in government affairs, and she lives in seclusion.

 But it can still be seen that she actually likes this lively atmosphere very much.

 Long Yanzhao knew that his mother's empress was actually a miserable person.

 Although she was not born with a child suffering from a natural disease like Concubine Chen, she missed the throne from the day she was born. But he also gave birth to a lone star like himself.

 Long Yanzhao was "exiled" in those years, and occasionally heard from the woman in charge how hard life was for the queen mother in the palace.

 ——Give birth to a son who restrained his father, his mother, and his brothers. Even though Long Yanzhao's character and ability were the most outstanding among all the princes when he was a child, so what?

 His father could still cruelly send him out of the palace, leaving him alone for years.

 During those five or six years, Long Yanzhao could imagine what kind of miserable life the queen mother lived in the palace.

 Although he didn't feel that he had done anything wrong, Long Yanzhao also expressed his understanding of the empress dowager's indifference and dislike towards him, and tolerated it as much as he could.

 Because the queen mother doesn't like to see him, he rarely touches the queen mother's bad luck. If there are any good things, they are always sent to Yong'an Palace first. Usually, the Queen Mother will be the first to think of during important festivals, and arrangements will be made according to her preferences...

 everything that can be remembered is considered in place, and everything that can be done is done. In addition to giving up the throne to...

 Over there, King Hao's son-in-law suddenly cried, and the queen mother who had just said a few words to him has already turned her head to coax him.

 Although King Hao has a natural illness, his one-year-old son-in-law is very healthy.

 The children's cries were loud and annoying, but the Queen Mother didn't feel the noise at all. Instead, he asked the palace man to hand over the prince to her to hold him, as if he was afraid that the palace man would not walk steadily and drop the little prince.