64

Beirong Mausoleum is located in the northern suburbs, still some distance away from Jingping City.

    "What are you going to do in the imperial mausoleum?" Gu Jingyuan asked.

    "I'll know when I get there." Long Yanzhao showed a mysterious yet mischievous smile, "Just to go around...to see the scenery."

    After fastening the belt around Gu Jingyuan's waist, the emperor followed Said: "It doesn't matter if you don't want to go, you can rest here and wait for me to come back."

    Gu Jingyuan: "..."

    He probably knew what the other party wanted to do. After thinking about it, Gu Jingyuan was still worried and decided to go with the emperor. .

    It was not convenient for Gu Jingyuan to ride a horse right now, and Long Yanzhao said that he was not in a hurry, so the two secretly left the city in a carriage, stopped and went, and finally arrived at the location of Beirong Imperial Mausoleum at midnight.

    The moon was dark and the wind was high, and a sound of digging was heard in the distance.

    The people of the grasslands live everywhere, but in fact they do not have the custom of burials.

    It's just that in recent years, the Beirong royal family, which has gradually established the capital, has also learned some customs of the Central Plains, especially as a high-ranking king, how can there be no soul to return to after death?

    The imperial mausoleum evolved from this.

    Generally speaking, there should be heavy guards here, but I don't know if it was during the war, the King of Beirong also transferred the soldiers here, or Long Yanzhao used some means. There was not even a soul outside.

    By the time they arrived at Beirong Imperial Mausoleum unimpeded, the imperial mausoleum built of stones had already been dug open, and a group of black-clothed men were digging the graves inside...

    "..." The

    group of black-clothed men saw someone Come, the visitor is still their monarch, so he immediately came to salute.

    Long Yanzhao, who also put on his night clothes, nodded at them, asking them to get up and answer, and asked, "Where are we?"

    "Go back to the emperor, we will soon dig up the body of King Beirong."

    Gu Jingyuan: "..."

    Long Yanzhao nodded next to him: "Well, continue. Do as I said earlier."

    In the dark imperial tomb, except for the starlight above the head, there are only a few torches dancing.

    In the darkness, Long Yanzhao took Gu Jingyuan's hand.

    Gu Jingyuan didn't say anything, just stood aside, quietly watching them dig out the old Beirong king from the grave, watching the man who was still luxurious, but had already become withered... so that only his body was left. The dregs, the man whose eyebrows could not be discerned at all, was hung up high, and then he was whipped and whipped until his bones were broken, without any dignity and old prestige at all.

    ...

    This man was their father.

    Once upon a time, that was the person Gu Jingyuan wanted to please the most.

    He is the god of war in the north, a man like a lone wolf, sinister and cunning, hard to please.

    More selfish.