Obstacle Course

Y/N POV

Passing the gorge I see a minefield coming into view. I stop just ahead of it.

Y/N: "Great. Now they're trying to blow us up."

Looking over my shoulder I see Bakugo and Todoroki catching up. Taking a step back I take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Here goes nothing."

Using all of my strength I leap as far as a I can. 

Bakugo: "I got you."

Y/N: "No you don't."

Planting my hands on his back I flip over him. He then crashes into the dirt as I land safely. But as I do ice captures my leg spreading all the way to my calf. Todoroki then slides past me with aid of some ice.

Todoroki: "Too easy."

I narrow my eyes.

Y/N: "Cheap shot."

Ripping my leg free I take off after Todoroki. Bakugo then shouts.

Bakugo: "Get back here!!!"

Now all three of us race for the finish line. Eventually we see the finish line coming into view.

Y/N: "That victory's as good as mine!"

Bakugo: "I'll die before I let either of you chumps beat me!"

Todoroki: "If anyone's gonna win it's me!"

We all dive for the finish line. Scooting to a stop I smile.

Y/N: "I win!!!"

Bakugo: "Are you blind!?! I won by a clear landslide!!!"

Todoroki: "Both of you are blind! I was obviously the winner!!!"

Midnight: "Actually, neither of you won."

BYT: "What!?!?!"

Midnight: "Deku was the winner."

We look to see him smiling while waving. We all grit our teeth.

Bakugo: "You've gotta be kidding me."

Todoroki: "For once I agree with him. That ain't fair."

Y/N: "How on earth did you win?"

Deku: "Best not to question it."

We narrow our eyes. The other students begin arriving. When the last one arrives we gather around Midnight.

Midnight: "Now that everyone's back let's take a look at the standings."

We're shown the leaderboard.

Midnight: "The top forty two contestants will advance to the next round. But if you didn't make it don't worry. We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine. So be sure to give it your best."

The next game is shown.

Denki: "Ooh, a calvary battle."

Midnight: "Allow me to explain the rules. The participants will be split into teams of two to four people. It's the same as the playground game, minus one thing. Each player's point value is reflective on their obstacle course standing. The points increase by five starting from the bottom. For example last place is worth five points, forty first ten points. And first place is worth a total of ten million points."

Everyone looks at Deku.

Deku: "Dangit."

Midnight: "These're the rules you'll abide by. The game itself will last fifteen minutes. Everyone will know your point value thanks to your headband. Swipe as many of them as you can to raise your team score. Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up. Another thing. If you fall down or get all your headbands stolen, you can keep going until time runs out. Though you may be allowed to use your quirk there's still rules. Make a team fall on purpose and you'll be slapped with a red card and disqualified. Now that you've been made aware of the rules, you've got fifteen minutes to assemble your team."

A timer is shown. I look around but everyone begins partnering up. 

Y/N: "That's not good."

I look for a partner but my worst fear comes to life.

Present Mic: "Time's up. Hope you're comfortable with your teams. Now let's get this show started. Begin!!!"