Different Kinda Agency

Y/N POV

Heading inside I walk to the receptionist.

Receptionist: "Can I help you?"

Y/N: "Here because of principal Nezu."

Voice: "He's with me."

I look seeing a man probably in his twenties. In terms of clothing not much catches the eye. Except his jacket.

Man: "You must be the kid Nezu mentioned."

He stands before me looking me over.

Man: "It's an honor to meet you."

Y/N: "Likewise."

Man: "Follow me."

I walk with him through the building. Meanwhile I admire its size.

Y/N: "Big place you got here."

Man: "Thanks. Built it all from the ground up. Started small, now the Kai agency is on track to growing into one of the top fifteen agencies in the country."

I look at him.

Y/N: "Wait. That makes you it's founder."

He smiles.

Kai: "Yep. Kai. At your service."

Y/N: "I thought you looked familiar. UA right?"

Kai: "Yep. Went there with my twin brother."

Y/N: "Where is he? No one's really seen him since you all graduated."

Kai: "He kinda retired. He got hurt and put up the costume. Nowadays he's at home with his wife and playing with the kids."

We enter an elevator. Reaching the top floor we enter what I presume is his office.

Kai: "Take a seat. Make yourself comfy."

I hesitate. He pats my back.

Kai: "No need to worry. I already know who you are."

I uncover my face.

Y/N: "How?"

Kai: "I've kinda been keeping an eye on you. You could call me a fan."

I take a seat as he sits behind his desk.

Y/N: "So why exactly am I here?"

Kai: "You mean Nezu didn't tell you?"

I shrug.

Kai: "Okay. I'm not like most agencies. I recruit aspiring heroes who're less fortunate."

Y/N: "Whaddaya mean?"

Kai: "Not every hero is lucky enough to be scouted. Sometimes they're restricted. Whether by financial status, economic standing or in your case,"

He presses a remote. This makes various reports of me be shown.

Kai: "A less than friendly relationship with the media."

He selects one report displaying me on a wanted sign.

Kai: "The ones in charge don't take too kindly to vigilantes. They view them as reckless hooligans with no regard for anyone's safety. Now granted that's the case sometimes. And keyword being sometimes."

He pauses.

Kai: "But other times they're more heroic than most heroes. They throw their own life on the line to rescue people they don't even know. And they do it without compensation like the legal hero. They save for the sake of saving. They're the true heroes."

He dispels the report looking at me.

Kai: "I want you because you embody what my agency stands for. Fighting out of pure heroism. You've got the makings of a legendary hero. Only problem is the law doesn't like you. Not one bit."

I look down.

Kai: "But I want to change that."

I look back at him.

Y/N: "How?"

Kai: "The agencies aren't gonna take you in because of your vigilante status. But I will. By recruiting you I plan to show the public that vigilantes aren't as bad as the media portrays them to be."

Y/N: "But won't siding with an outlaw hurt your name?"

Kai: "I could care less about my name. I only want people to know that the people the media label outlaws can be just as good as any old hero."

He smiles leaning back in his chair.

Kai: "What say you? You in?"

I think. Smiling I nod my head.

Y/N: "I'm in."