Taking Up The Lead

Y/N POV

I emit a long groan flipping onto my chest. Slowly I stagger to my feet. Holding my ribs I look up as the soldiers look over the ledge at me.

Soldier2: "Mobilize ground troops, he's crippled!"

I quickly limp away. Going down the street I'm met with severe pain in my thigh. Looking down I see it bleeding pretty decently. 

Soldier2: "There he is!!!"

I sigh seeing an enclosed dune buggy full of soldiers heading for me. I quicken my pace but receive only pain from my ribs.

Soldier3: "We've got him now!!"

I leap as the buggy lurches forward. I land on its roof sending a ripple of pain to my ribs. I crawl to the side looking through the driver window.

Soldier3: "Don't just sit there, shoot him!"

I grip the roof of the buggy swinging my body out. I ram my feet through the window instantly knocking out the driver. I then grab the steering wheel pulling it to the side. The dune buggy swerves before hitting a lamppost head on. The force sends me forward making me slam my back onto a brick wall.

Y/N: "Crap that hurt."

I get to my feet as the soldiers stagger out of the dune buggy. I use their stunned status to flee the area. I enter an alley finally being able to relax. I fall onto my butt leaning my back against the wall.

Y/N: "Finally, it's over."

I look at my thigh which's still bleeding. 

Y/N: "Gotta tend to this."

I turn my leg seeing a second hole.

Y/N: "It went through. Good."

I tear a strip of my disguise off. I then tie it around my wound. I wince as I tie it tight. Finishing the knot I sigh in slight relief. I then lightly touch my ribs being met with pain.

Y/N: "They're definitely broken. I should relax while they heal. But I can't exactly do that. So odds are they're only gonna get worse."

I sigh when I pull out Toga's needle.

Y/N: "I have a lead. But how on earth am I gonna find a single person in a country? It'll be like finding a needle in haystack. There's gotta be some way to narrow the search."

An idea then hits me.

Y/N: "Hang on. She's a suspect to a beating. If she's behind it then that means she's likely running with criminals. Meaning if I wanna find her then I gotta shake the villain tree, and shake it hard."

I groan getting to my feet. I then limp down the street looking for trouble. Not even an hour later a villain runs out of the bank hauling bags of yen. I grab his neck slamming his back onto the concrete.

Man: "Ow, what the hell?"

Y/N: "Hello sunshine."

Man: "Hey, you're Y/N L/N. The infamous war criminal. Long way from the top."

Y/N: "Hush. I have questions that you're gonna answer."

Man: "Nice try. But I ain't answering shit."

I smile darkly. I now dangle him over a roof ledge. He screams seeing the awaiting sidewalk.

Y/N: "Listen and listen well. I'm really tired. It's so draining having the entire world chasing you. Haven't slept like I'm supposed to. That makes the body weak. Especially the arms. So I suggest you start talking before my strength gives out."

Man: "I'll tell you whatever you wanna know. Just please don't drop me."

Y/N: "Himiko Toga. What do you know of her?"

Man: "That she's a crazy broad with a weird blood kink."

Y/N: "Any idea where I can find her?"