Always Be There

3rd POV

Sirens wail as cops begin arriving.

Y/N: "We should get going."

Eri: "Why?" 

Y/N: "Cops don't exactly like me. Mind helping me get out of sight?"

She nods grabbing his hand. She then runs them into an alley where they dive behind a dumpster. Now in the clear Y/N uncovers his face emitting a long sigh.

Eri: "You're just a kid."

Y/N: "You thought I was older."

Eri: "Yes. Sorry."

She looks down. Y/N rubs her head.

Y/N: "No need to apologize."

Eri: "You're not angry?"

Y/N: "No."

She stares at him before closing her eyes leaning into his touch. A phone then rings. Y/N fishes his out answering it.

Y/N: "Yello?"

Nezu: "I saw the news. You okay?"

Y/N: "Minus my current inability to see, I'm still alive."

Nezu: "Do I need to send a doctor?"

Y/N: "That'd be nice."

Nezu: "Very well. Sending one right now."

Y/N: "I'll be here waiting."

He hangs up and waits. A couple minutes later a limo pulls up. When the door opens Kai is seen stepping out. He walks to Y/N's who's now holding a sleeping Eri.

Kai: "You look terrible."

Y/N: "And you look like a basket of roses."

He looks at Eri.

Kai: "Who's the kid?"

Y/N: "I'll explain on the way."

He gets up getting into the limo. Along the way Y/N explains everything that happened.

Kai: "Poor kid."

Y/N: "Yeah. Overhaul's lucky I didn't just kill him."

Kai: "Why didn't you? It would've been fitting."

Y/N: "Because he'll suffer more if he lives. Death would've been considered a mercy."

Kai: "I suppose you may be right."

He looks at Eri who's clung tightly to Y/N's chest. He then spots her bandaged limbs.

Kai: "It's heartbreaking to think someone would put a kid through that much abuse. And for what? A world ruled by chaos? Truly despicable."

He then looks at Y/N's eyes which're still bleeding.

Kai: "We need to hurry up and get those eyes of yours checked out."

He looks at the driver.

Kai: "Hurry please."

The driver nods quickening his pace. Pretty soon they arrive at Kai's agency where Y/N and Eri are rushed inside to be looked over. 

*timeskip* 

In one room we see a doctor looking over Eri. She shines a light in her eyes testing their reflexes. She lowers her flashlight smiling.

Doctor: "You're all good."

Eri: "That boy who brought me here. Where is he?"

Doctor: "He's just down the hall."

Eri: "May I please see him?"

Doctor: "Sure. I'll walk you."

They hold hands and walk to visit Y/N.

Y/N POV

I sigh as the pain meds finally set in.

Kai: "You really are lucky. If you hadn't been wearing your goggles you'd had lost your eyesight."

Y/N: "Seems as though I've just got a guardian angel looking after me."

Kai rolls his eyes as the door opens. Eri then walks in.

Eri: "You're okay."

Y/N: "Yeah."

She hops onto my bed.

Eri: "I got so worried. I was so scared when you got hurt. I thought you were about to die."

Y/N: "Don't ever worry kid. I won't ever go down so easily."

I take notice of her shredded clothing. I then look at Kai.

Y/N: "Hey Kai, think you can help Eri here with some new clothes?"

Kai: "Certainly."

He walks away. Meanwhile Eri looks at me.

Eri: "I really am glad you're okay."

Y/N: "Thanks. But why're you concerned about my safety?"

She becomes sad.

Eri: "For as long as I could remember no one really liked me. Overhaul said it was because of my quirk. Made me dangerous and a threat to anyone who got close to me."

Tears now run down her cheeks.

Eri: "He said no one would ever love me. That I'd be nothing but a burden."

She wipes away her tears looking at me.

Eri: "But then you appeared. You had only just met me, yet you insisted on sacrificing your life to keep me safe. That was the first and only nice thing anyone's ever done for me. I thought no one would ever sacrifice themselves for me. But you did. And for that I always wanna make sure you're okay. Because if something bad were to ever happen to you, then I..."

I pull her into a hug.

Y/N: "You don't ever have to worry Eri. I swear nothing bad will ever happen to me. I'll always be here for you. Even if the whole world stands between us. I promise I'll always be on your side."

She tightly returns my hug. I then feel her tears soak my shirt.

Eri: "Thank you."

I remain silent just holding her.