A Lead

Y/N POV

I land on the roof. Looking over the ledge I see soldiers completely unaware of my presence. I sigh.

Y/N: "Here goes nothing."

I crawl through the airduct entering the building. Looking down I see the area I'm looking for. I peel back the crate sticking my head through the opening.

Soldier: "How much longer we gotta look for this kid?"

Soldier2: "Till we have him in chains."

Soldier: "Is this even right? I mean he's only a kid. He doesn't deserve this much hostility."

Soldier2: "Suck it up. We're being paid a helluva lotta dough to capture him. Now do your job and stay alert."

Y/N: "I gotta get them to go away. But how?"

I look around when I see one soldier acting different. He's jittery and shaky. I smile.

Y/N: "Bingo."

I lower my arm through the opening. I fire a web strand that attaches to a vase. I pull knocking the vase over. It hits the floor shattering. He jumps opening fire. He's subdued by the other soldiers. 

Soldier2: "Jesus Mike. I knew you weren't ready for this kinda work. Take him to the lobby. I gotta explain this to the chief."

They all leave the room. Meanwhile I drop down smiling.

Y/N: "Easy as pie."

Now free I walk to the computer getting to work.

Y/N: "Alright Kai, let's see if you can help me."

I set the needle in a scanner. It's scanned as a massive database is shown. Hundreds of people are then shown. After a couple seconds a single one is shown.

Y/N: "Faint traces of DNA found. Owner is Himiko Toga. Suspect of a beating of fellow student. Has not been seen since she graduated."

I think.

Y/N: "This Toga lady. She could be my ticket to finding out who's framing me. All I gotta do is find her and get her to talk."

Solider3: "It's the vigilante!!!"

I roll as bullets miss me. I pull myself forward kicking the soldier out the door. More storm the room. They all aim their guns at me.

Solider2: "Stand down. Or we'll take you down."

Y/N: "I will never stand down."

Soldier2: "Then pay the price. Light him up!!!"

They all fire sending a hailstorm of bullets at me. I pull myself to the ceiling going through the opening.

Soldier2: "Lock down the building! No one enters and he doesn't leave!!!"

Sirens ring throughout the building. I scramble through the airduct eventually getting outside. But as I do those soldiers arrive cornering me.

Soldier2: "Give up, we've got you completely surrounded."

I back up getting on the roof ledge.

Soldier2: "It's over Y/N. If you come down I promise you won't be punished too severely."

I look over my shoulder at the long drop to the concrete. I then look back at the soldiers.

Y/N: "I have a lead on who was behind the bombing of Deika City."

Soldier3: "We all know it was you."

Y/N: "I'm being used. By much worse people."

Soldier2: "Enough. Just get off the ledge and come quietly."

I look at him.

Y/N: "Himiko Toga. Look into that name."

They all become confused. Meanwhile I turn leaping off the ledge. But as I do a gunshot rings out. I pull myself to the side dodging a bullet. But to my surprise it makes a hard ninety going through my thigh. I scream in pain falling out of the sky. I hold out my hand to fire a web strand. I however hit a clothesline getting sent into a backflip. 

I fall for a couple feet before slamming ribs first on a fire escape railing. I gasp as two ribs are instantly broken. I slide off the rail slamming the back of my head on the cold hard concrete. I emit a long groan flipping to my chest.