Scheduled Meeting

3rd POV

While Y/N enters Deika City we jump to the Kai agency where we see him entering his office. 

Kai: "Police chief Tanaka. A pleasure to see you."

Tanaka: "Indeed. It's nice to finally see you."

They each take a seat.

Kai: "So what brings you to my little agency?"

Tanaka: "As I understand you've take the vigilante into your agency."

Kai: "That's correct."

Tanaka: "And he doesn't haven't have a hero license."

Kai: "I'm well aware."

Tanaka: "Then you know it's highly illegal to save people without one."

Kai: "Yeah."

Tanaka: "Then why do you let the vigilante do it?"

Kai: "He's helping people isn't he? You know I heard he stopped a major villain. That outcome resulted in crime dropping by at least thirty percent. Which's the highest it ever dropped."

Tanaka: "Well I 'm happy to agree with that. He still did it without the proper paperwork. He broke a law with a term of imprisonment of at least three years. Yet he's still running free."

Kai: "Then that sounds like a you guy's problem. You're the best police the country has. You should've easily caught him."

Tanaka: "We've tried. God we tried. But for some reason we just can't. He's too nimble."

Kai: "Sounds like you might as well give up."

Tanaka: "You know we can't do that. If we do then we'd just look bad. A police force forgives a criminal simply because the rich is backing him up. Imagine how that'd make us look."

Kai: "Then sounds like you're at a crossroads. "

Tanaka: "Yeah."

He pauses.

Tanaka: "So how much longer you gonna act stupid?"

Kai: "What're you talking about?"

Tanaka: "Don't play me for a fool Kai. We both know why I'm really here."

Kai: "Ah, I see. Well for the last time I ain't involved."

Tanaka: "Come on Kai. Surely even you noticed that as soon as you took in the vigilante it became harder to pin him down."

Kai: "It's just a coincidence."

Tanaka: "There ain't no such thing as coincidences anymore. Now adays everything's connected."

Kai: "Tanaka, my dear friend. You've been working this case for three years. Maybe it's time you passed it off to someone else. You look tired. When was the last time you slept properly?"

Tanaka: "I sleep fine. I only wanna know the truth. Who's all protecting the vigilante? Who's keeping us off his trail? Who-"

We're cut off by an emergency alert siren. We look at my TV to see the MNN logo.

Y/N POV

I groan slowly opening my eyes. I then take notice of my pitch black surroundings. I move feeling weight on me. I situate my hands and push. The darkness is replaced by light. With a toss I finally stand up looking at my severely destroyed surroundings.

Y/N: "How on earth did I survive that?"

I tap my earpiece.

Y/N: "Kai, Kai can you hear me?"

Kai: "Yeah. You okay?"

Y/N: "Aside from being buried alive, alright. Why?"

Kai: "Pull up the news."

I take out my cracked phone. Then tapping the news app I'm presented with a feed. On it is a person covered by shadow.