Busted Interview

Y/N POV

She presses a button on a phone. A light then comes on.

Hana: "What're your thoughts on the vigilante and his impact on society?"

Man: "I think he's doing great. He's looking after us when the pros can't. Why just yesterday he helped my neighbor. She was sitting at a traffic stop when a car jacker started barreling towards her. The vigilante showed up and stopped him before he could crash head first into her car. He saved from a potentially deadly accident. For that I'll gladly vouch for him."

I smile. Hana presses the button again.

Hana: "You're on MNN. What're your thoughts on the vigilante?"

Woman: "I don't really care for him."

Hana: "Care to explain?"

Woman: "I just don't see why he's here. We've got all theses pros. We're pretty well protected. He's young, he should enjoying life. Not risking his life for people who don't even like him."

Once more she presses the button.

Hana: "How do you feel about the vigilante?"

Man: "I think he stinks. He's nothing but a stupid illegal who needs to be arrested. He's going above the law. And on top of that he's reckless. He's fighting all theses villains and leaving untold damage. Just look at his fight from three months ago. He wrecked half a block duking it out. I missed work for a week because of that."

Hana smiles. She takes a couple more calls. More than half are people who don't care for me.

Hana: "It seems the vigilante has a few people wanting him gone. But what do you think. Should he be imprisoned? Or should he continue to roam free, a lawbreaking criminal? But before we leave, I've got one more question for you."

Y/N: "Ask away."

Hana: "You still need a hero license. But no school is willing to take in a vigilante. Therefore you'll keep breaking the law by illegally saving people. Meaning you'll always be a criminal. How does that make you feel?"

I clench the armrest of my chair making it crack.

Y/N: "I feel like this interview is over."

I pull off my microphone. I enter the elevator as Kai joins me.

Y/N: "That was awful."

Kai: "It wasn't all that bad."

Y/N: "What's the point of this Kai? I don't have a hero license. I can't save people without one. Yet I do. And every time I do I break the law. I really am just a criminal."

He places his hand on my shoulder.

Kai: "You're not a criminal. You're saving people every time you hit the streets. True it may not be legally, but who gives a damn? You save people from a premature death. That speaks volumes. And if the cops can't see that then they're damn fools."

I half smile. He the throws his arm around my neck.

Kai: "This interview was shitty. Left you in a bad mood. So whaddaya say I make you feel better?"

I look at him.

Y/N: "How?"

He half smiles.

Kai: "You'll just have to wait and see."

I roll my eyes as the elevator doors open. Getting into the limo we drive off ending up at his agency. We then walk do to his laboratory.

Y/N: "Alright Kai, what's this grand pick me up?"

Kai: "That."

He points to a crate on the table. I open it and smile.

Y/N: "My suit, it's fixed."

Kai: "And improved. Try it on."

I put it on noticing a few changes. The first is the mechanical vambraces.

Y/N: "What's with the vambraces?"

Kai: "They're a new gadget. It's a carousel style storage device."