Chapter 5: The Avatar's Party

(Air Temple Island)

Hiei and Korra are practicing their Airbending movements together. They've been spending a lot of time together ever since she joined the Fire Ferrets. While the two were moving in sync the radio cuts out and Amon's voice could be heard

"Good evening, my fellow Equalist's. This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day."

Hiei turned to Korra who was visibly worried by what Amon was saying. Hiei walked over to the radio and pulled the plug "Don't worry about him Korra." Hiei told her

"Right...yeah-" she tried to shake that nightmare she had last night

He walked over to her "It's okay to be worried yknow? Just don't let him throw you off your game."

"I know. I'm not worried, it's just that seeing him take those guys bending away caught me off guard."

"Yeah it was crazy for sure but he doesn't stand a chance against the Avatar!" This made her smile and cheer her up abit "Thanks."

"I got your back Korra. If Amon decides to show up he's gonna have to take on the both of us." Her smile faded away abit "I can't ask you to do that. I can't have you put your life on the line and risk your bending for me." She looked up at him

"I already know the risks Korra. You don't have to worry about me. When you decide to fight Amon I'll be there to help." Her face slightly goes red "Thanks Hiei." She gave him a hug "Of course." He hugged her back "Now let's get back to training."

(Next day)

After a long day of training. Everyone is having dinner in the dining room. Tenzin looked around to see everyone bowing their heads ready for him to begin the prayer.

"We are grateful for this delicious food, for happiness, for compassion and-" suddenly a voice would interrupt Tenzin

"I'm not interrupting am I?" Everyone looks up to see Tarrlok enter the room which made Tenzin about to stand up "This is my home Tarrlok, we're about to eat dinner."

"Good, because I'm absolutely famished. Airbenders never turn away a hungry guest am I right?" Tenzin sighed and nodded "I suppose." He sat back down as Tarrlok made his way over to Korra and Hiei

"Oh you must be the famous Avatar Korra. It is truly an honor to meet you. I am councilman Tarrlok, representative from the Northern Water Tribe." Korra stands up to bow to him "Nice to meet you." She sat back down and he looks over to Hiei "And you must be Fire Prince Hiei, a Dual-Bender, right?"

Hiei stood and nodded "Yes sir" he bowed

"Your mother Fire Lord Izumi always spoke highly of you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise councilman." The two sat down

As Tarrlok sat down ikki wasted no time to shower him with questions "Why do you have three ponytails?" She started to sniff "And how come you smell like a lady? You're weird."

"Well aren't you...precocious?" He turned his attention to Korra who was already eating "So I've been reading all about your adventures in the papers. Infiltrating Amon's rally. Now that took some real initiative. Republic City is much better off now that you're here." Tenzin suspected that Tarrlok was up to something so he started to press him "Enough with the flattery Tarrlok. What do you want from Korra?"

"Patience Tenzin, I'm getting to that. As you may have heard, I am assembling a Task Force. I will strike at the heart of the revolution and I want you two to join me."