Chapter 52: The Coronation

The scene opens on City Hall; a few spirits play on the spirit vines lining the square. Wu waves his arms as he acts out his vision for Mako, who is standing in front of him.

Wu: "So then the crowds are gathered, all excited to see my coronation, when all of a sudden, these boulders come rolling through. And guess what pops out of 'em? Earthbender dames! These gals start banging the boulders like drums, and sing the song of my royal lineage. It's the most dynamite six-hour show you'll ever see in your life."

Mako: "Shouldn't you be getting ready to, I don't know... rule a whole nation?"

Wu: "Now, now, now, don't get yourself in a tizzy. I'll have ministers for all that! No, sir, Mako, when we get to Ba Sing Se, it'll just be two kooky pals, living the life!"

Mako: "Yay..."

President Raiko enters the scene. "Getting excited for your big day?"

Wu: "Does a platypus-bear poop in- Hey!"

He turns around angrily as he sees metalbenders putting up spectator stands. He races over to berate them.

Wu: "You can't put bleachers there! There won't be enough room for the Dance of the Badgermoles! Look, it's going to go like this." He proceeds to dance as Mako and Raiko look on.

Mako: "You sure that's the guy you want running the Earth Kingdom?"

Tenzin and Taiju enters the scene. Them too, looking at Wu's dance.

Raiko: "Trust me. We'll be sending a delegation of experienced advisers to handle day-to-day governing."

Taiju: "I see the prince is becoming accustomed to the burdens of leadership."

Raiko: "You know royals. They love a ceremony. Have you received any word on the Avatar's location?"

Tenzin: "Not yet, but I have airbenders all over the world on the lookout for her. I hope they find her soon. I'm concerned about reports I've heard regarding Kuvira's growing military. They say she's throwing some of her dissenters into prison camps."

Raiko: "Well, she'll be stepping down tomorrow. We can worry about correcting any of her mistakes after that."

Mako: "And you're not worried about her handing power over to Prince Wu?"

Raiko: "When Kuvira started cleaning up the Earth Kingdom, she knew her position wasn't permanent. She gave me her word that she'd step down."

Cut to Wu, who is still doing his dance.

Raiko: "Still, I'd feel a lot better if Korra were here."

(Timeskip)

Cut to Wu's hotel in Republic City, where Bolin, Kuvira, Baatar Jr. and the rest of Kuvira's delegation arrive.

Bolin: "Hello Republic Cit-ay! Bolin... is back!"

Suddenly, Bolin spots Eska, who is standing in the lobby with her brother Desna. Bolin sees her staring at him and reels back, seized by a fit of terror. He becomes more downbeat.

Bolin: "And... Eska is also here."

Eska: "I see you have replaced me with a new girlfriend."

Kuvira is brought into the shot, talking to a soldier.

Eska: "Well done, she seems very threatening."

Bolin: "Oh no no, that's Kuvira, she's kind of my boss."

Eska: "Boss, girlfriend. Same thing."

Cam: "I'm afraid there's been a mistake, Your Eminence. We have you and your brother booked in the same room, with only one bed."