Chapter 45: Desert Landing

Right now Korra, Asami, and Hiei are being carried into an Airship to take them back to Ba Sing Se. Korra and Hiei were locked up tight so they couldn't use their bending.

Korra: "You have to let me out. The Earth Queen is in danger from a group of terrorists calling themselves the Red Lotus. I talked to one of them in the spirit world yesterday. He's insane!"

Captain: "Screaming about terrorists in the spirit world? You're the one who sounds insane." He walked inside the airship as it began to take off.

Hiei attempted to use his raw strength to break out of the restraints but it was no luck. "Guys, we need to get out of this."

Korra: "I agree, we have to find a way out of this prison before we get to the Earth Queen."

Asami: "Don't worry. I have a plan. These airships that Cabbage Corp sold to the Earth Kingdom are way cheaper than the ones Future Industries built."

She pushes herself off the wall and breaks free. She then jumps over the pole. "Now, that's just shoddy workmanship." She comes over to Korra and Hiei. "There's no way I can get these locks off. I need the keys." She looks down on the floor and sees a panel. She began to pry it off the floor. "Give me five minutes then start yelling for help." She climbs in the hole.

5 minutes had passed, Hiei looked over at Korra. "I'd say it's been five minutes."

Korra nodded. "Help! Come in here! Something happen to our friend!"

The guard opens the shutter. "Where is she?"

Just then he gets knocked out by Asami as she picked up the keys and walked in, unlocking the two from their restraints.

Korra: "Nice work."

Hiei: "Yeah, that was not comfortable."

Korra: "Now, let's take control of this airship."

They go to the cockpit and Korra kicks down the door. The pilot runs at them but Korra blasted him back with her Airbending causing him to hit the controls and break it"

Captain: "Mayday, Mayday. The Avatar has escaped. We're going down in quadrant four of the SinWong Desert."

The pilot attempted to run at them again but Korra blasted him back once again as he collided with the captain, knocking them out.

Asami ran up to the controls and saw how busted they were. "I think you might have been a little overagressive with the Airbending. The controls are busted. Also, you broke the radio."

Korra: "Sorry, but it's not my fault this Airship's a hunk of junk."

Asami: "Hang on to something!"

They all crashed into the sand.

After crash landing, Korra, Asami and Hiei climbed out of the Airship and onto the roof.

Asami: "Well, they say any landing you can walk away from is a good landing but given our location, I'm not so sure about that."

Hiei: "You're the engineer. What do you think?
Can you get her flying again?"

Asami: "It doesn't look good. I mean even if Korra Metalbends the propellers back into shape, we'd have to dig this whole thing out of the sand."

Just then the crew came out of the airship.

Korra: "Is everyone alright?"

Crew #1: "Like you care."

Crew #2: "What the heck happened?"

Crew #1: "She said their friend needed help, then they knocked me out."