04

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

EBONY SITS WITH FRED, George and Lee at the Gryffindor table during lunch. It's only when Seamus runs inside with the Daily Prophet that something interesting happens. 

"Hey, Harry," says Seamus Finnigan, leaning over to borrow Harry's brass scales, "have you heard? Daily Prophet this morning — they reckon Sirius Black's been sighted." Ebony looks up, her heart sinks at the sound of her father's name.

"Where?" said Harry and Ron quickly. On the other side of the table, Malfoy looks up, listening closely.

"Not too far from here," said Seamus, who looks excited. "It was a Muggle who saw him. 'Course, she didn't really understand. The Muggles think he's just an ordinary criminal, don't they? So she phoned the telephone hot line. By the time the Ministry of Magic got there, he was gone."

"Not too far from here . . . ," Ron repeats, looking significantly at Harry. He turns around and saw Malfoy watching closely. "What, Malfoy? Need something else skinned?"

But Malfoy's eyes are shining malevolently, and they are fixed on Harry. He leans across the table.

"Thinking of trying to catch Black single-handed, Potter?"

"Yeah, that's right," said Harry offhandedly. Malfoy's thin mouth is curving in a mean smile.

"Of course, if it was me," he said quietly, "I'd have done something before now. I wouldn't be staying in school like a good boy, I'd be out there looking for him." 

"What are you talking about, Malfoy?"  Ron asks roughly.

"Don't you know, Potter?" breathes Malfoy, his pale eyes narrowed.

"Know what?" Malfoy lets out a low, sneering laugh before looking at Ebony with a smirk. 

"Maybe you'd rather not risk your neck," he said. "Want to leave it to the dementors, do you? But if it was me, I'd want revenge. I'd hunt him down myself."

"What are you talking about?" said Harry angrily, but Draco doesn't answer, he looks towards Ebony.

"Oi! Black! Pretty savage, your father on the hunt like that. I believe you know exactly where he is at, don't you?" 

"Just ignore him, Ebs." George whispers, trying to distract her.

"I mean, I wouldn't want to give away his secret hide-out either. We should've known she would become just like him. Like father like daughter--" Ebony stands up and faces her cousin. 

"Shut up, Malfoy! Or did you forget that you are related to him as well? Your parents are both Death Eaters and you are a little twat, if anything you are nothing better than me."

"Is that so?" Draco stands up as well, immediately noting that Ebony is a firm bit taller than he is. "At least I'm not wasting my time with blood-traitors..." ENOUGH! She whips out her wand points it to the little stupid boy. "What are you gonna do--"

"Crinus Muto!" Draco's bleach blond hair suddenly turns into a bright purple his usually short hairstyle now messy and shoulder-length. Everyone laughs at the change in appearance.

"Wait until my father hears about this!" The boy runs away from the Great Hall, followed by his two stupid minions. 

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅